Slack /slop on Z and core

Hey folks

I’m on the struggle bus. Started trimming and I’m actually a log way off. The misalignment is almost exactly along one of the axes. The frame is about as square as you can get and everything seems as it should be. However I can grab the core and it will lift at point 1 and rotate around the Y (the bar running from to back in the pic) as per line 2 by a couple of mm.

Any idea what I should loosen/tighten ? Don’t want to go nuts trying different thing and making it worse.

Here are a few ideas: Loose Core - #6 by Anoobis

Are you sure you need to worry about it? Once the router is in there, the weight will keep it down.

The bearings should all be touching the tubing. If that is, then the next test is for perpendicular bit to spoil board.

1 Like

Yeah. Fixing the droop will go a long way to sorting out the tramming.

As usual, user error… this has been built over the space of a couple of years. It’s actually did its first crown over a year ago but the journey is as much fun as the destination, right ? Im not in a rush to finish it. As such it’s had 2 years’ worth of North Carolina winter and summer (i.e. bloody cold and bloody hot) expansion and contraction. Just about every bolt was way too loose.

Tramming’s still about 3mm out but it looks like that’s due to the top router mounts. I’ll print another and see how I get on.

Thanks all.

Every time before i run, the first thing I do is check all bearings. Any found loose get a ever so slight tightening. Normally one or two on core and z axis are the culprits (not always the same ones). Everything has been taken apart and checked for cracks. No cracks have been found. It has just become a preflight check.