SOLD: Primo MPCNC For Sale (UK Only)

Having recently taken up a new hobby of woodturning, I’ve found that I am no longer using my Primo MPCNC. Rather than just leaving it collecting dust (literally), or taking it apart and putting into storage, I have decided it must go.

I 3D printed (on 2 Prusa Mk3S+ printers) and built this machine to Ryan’s specifications earlier this year, and it made its first chips/dust in April. The designed size is X610 mm Y460 Z81 mm. With the dust collector system I have installed, that has come down to about X590 Y420. The footprint size is about 925 x 765, not including the overhang of the stepper motors.

Included are the following:

• All the MPCNC 3D printed parts, including a custom case for the screen and joystick
  • 3D printed dust collector modified for a Makita router (not included) which takes a 38 mm ID vacuum tube, drag chains, Makita router mounts, pen mount.
  • BIGTREETECH SKR Pro V1.2 control board with 5 TMC2209 V1.2 drivers
  • BIGTREETECH TFT35 V3.0 control screen - this has a couple of scratches on the face after something fell from a shelf
  • 5 x Nema 17 Stepper Motor Bipolar 2.0A 83.6oz.in (59Ncm)
  • 4 end stops (Ryan’s Dual end stop firmware is installed on the SKR Pro V1.2)
  • 4-Axis Joystick Potentiometer Button Controller
  • 120 mm cooling fan for SKR board (will need a mount of some sort)
  • 12v 6A PSU (UK model)
  • All the wiring, including stepper motor leads with the correct connectors on the control board end.

I can include the stainless steel tubes (25.4 mm/1", cost £90) but shipping costs will no doubt be quite high. If anyone wants to know, I’ll try and get a courier quote.

There is no router included with the machine.

The machine can be left partially assembled, unless the buyer wants me to strip it down to its last nut and bolt. I have modified the firmware for the joystick and configured a cooling fan to come on once the steppers are activated and remain on for 30 seconds after they are disabled.

I have a collection of various end mills, including a 14-piece set from Rennies that cost £90 and I think I’ve only used 2 or 3 of them. I also have some cheaper sets totalling 40+ various pieces from Amazon that probably cost me £50 in total, again, having used only 4 or 5 of them.

I cannot currently take pictures of the control board as it’s behind a panel at the far end of the table against the shed wall, and I will need to unload the table contents (spare wood, a set of drawers etc), in order to gain access.

Altogether, this machine cost me in excess of £600 to build. I’m asking £300 without the stainless steel tubes, plus delivery costs. Add £50 if you want the tubes (delivery costs will be higher).

Collection from Doncaster is also an option.

If you have any questions, please ask. Thank you.

4 Likes

Hi, is this still available? Just in Leeds so would collect. Paul

The MPCNC has been sold.