Some MPCNC drawings

More people were around during the holiday time, I couldn’t use my MPCNC for carving (my machine is in the kitchen.) To demonstrate to people what an amazing thing the MPCNC was, I mounted a pen. Here is some of the drawings:-)

And this is my machine in the kitchen

5 Likes

One of the drawings is based on a photo of me, and another is based on a photo of me and my cat Pojo:-)

What software did you use to make the line drawings?

And how many cats does it take to run the MPCNC?

2 Likes

I wrote the code in R. It takes a grayscale image, generates dots, then connects the dots to form one continuous loop (Traveler Salesman Problem).

2 Likes

:slight_smile: My cats love my machine. Even before I built the enclosure, when I was carving, one of the cats was so curious that she sneaked in and jumped on the countertop to take a good look of the big thing who was making very loud noise.

2 Likes

You can tell the cat thinks the machine is his/hers! :rofl:

1 Like

Always keep a quick drawing file on the SD card. Never know when someone will need to see it in action. I just did the same thing last night. Bonus point is you let them hit the start button.

5 Likes

Dang, we need that algorithm in Sandify. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am currently accepting PRs. But yeah, I agree. It would be neat. It may not work exactly the same, but it might be fun.