Spindle on off in menu

Great, glad it helped, took me a while to fix it myself, heh :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, confirmed.

Any motion turns on heat 2…I have no idea why inline commands would cause this. Good news is it means nothing unless you are actually using heat 2.

True, but heat2 is the default output for the spindle on/off in the menu and when starting a cut, also, when canceling a cut from the touch menu it does not turn off the spindle either. If you are like me and want to run your router off a relay it would probably be a good thing to address at some point. If I knew more about Marlin I would attempt to help figure it out. The commenting of the lines above “fixes” the move axis problem, but the spindle still does not turn off when canceling.

I am actually in the process of redoing everything to setup for dual end stops so I will be loading that firmware. I am curious to see if the same issue pops up. Will report once I get everything loaded and tested.

1 Like

I will definitely dig in, not that I am super confident about an easy fix. I hope it is just a pins mix up, if it is an inline mix up, well that could be above my pay grade but submitting that to Marlin could get us there. I should have some time in the next few days to narrow it down. I have the 510D hooked up to my MPCNC right now so testing is easy.

Sweet guys. I just went to finally hook up a isorelay for a SuperPID to heat2 tonight and noticed that quark. Will compile with those exclusions tomorrow. Hope it will fix it for now.

I’ve got the dual end stop version installed on my newly built MPCNC, powered by an SKR Pro 1.2 and I have the exact same problem. I’ll try with those lines commented out tomorrow.

With regards turning off from the spindle menu: after a move has triggered the spindle, I’ve found that it you hit ‘on’ and then ‘off’ in the spindle menu the spindle will turn off.

Any idea if commenting the lines out as mentioned above will affect the machines ability to run a laser later?

Happy routing everyone!

No direct experience with those specific lines of code, but be aware that generally the router/spindle is left on during travel moves above the material, while “laser mode” must turn the laser off during travel moves (and doesn’t need to raise the tool any higher).

Commenting out those lines worked for me too. Thanks!