Spindle power control

So I tested my own question, and put a ‘@pause’ into the script for Repetier. I wanted a pause in Repetier because I’m running Repetier-Informer. This allows the Repetier-Host to send me a message (to my phone) when there is a pause for a tool change so I don’t have to hover over the machine wasting time. (It also sends a msg for errors, start, stop, etc.)

G0 Z0 ; Move Z to material surface
M84 S0 ; Keep motors on forever
M107 ; Stop DW660
G0 Z35 ; Raise spindle for tool change
G92 Z0 ; Reset Z to zero
M18 Z ; Release Z
@pause ; Pause for Repetier
M00 ; Pause for user
M106 ; Restart DW660

1 Like

Well my cool iot relay crapped out. I see power at low voltage input, but the relay doesn’t flip. I’m sure it’s something easy to replace, but I’m not comfortable with playing around with 120vac. Amazon is out of them and they don’t have any on their site either…

Hi guys,

I just recently got my MPCNC up and running!

I have ordered one of these relays and looking to connect it to the rambo 1.4 board (dual end stops). After reading this list I just want to make sure I understand what I need to do (currently using ESTLCam)

Does the Rambo Board have M03 and M05 output pins? If not then am I correct in assuming that;

1. I wire the relay to the "fan2" output on the rambo?
  2. I need to adjust the scripts for "program start" and "program end" to replace M03 and M05 with M106 and M107 respectively?

Yeah, that’s what Barry did in his post:

3 Likes

So I connected the IOT relay to the “fan2” port, and sent the m106 code using repeater Host but it does not seem to switch the relay on. Am I missing something? Do i need to change something in the firmware?

M106 S255? Maybe you need to specify fan2? IIRC, its M106 P2 S255

Yup thats it! sending M106 P2 or M107 P2 worked. Do not need the SXXX.

Thanks!

I came across this thread and thought, hmmm…I have a Solid State Relay (like this https://www.sparkfun.com/products/13015) and it should work about the same. So I hooked it up using the Fan2 (on RAMBo). Now commands M106 P2 or M107 P2 work perfectly to turn on and off the DW660. Now off to fiddle with start and end code in Estlcam.

Thanks all!

PowerSwitch Tail

This is another option I’ve used in several projects. Rated for 15A so more capacity for a vac as well, slightly more compact and enclosed for protection from dust… but about the same price. Several options (NO, NC, Solid State, 5v power supply included).

That’s pretty slick, worth the price, and small to boot.