Dear MPCNC community,
1) Did you buy everything from here?
No, not bought from your shop, but used recommended parts. Latest firmware acc. your homepage, but with M8 threaded rod at z-axis
2) Are you using end stops?
already disconnected, anyhow got interferences with them.
3) Mac or PC?
1/32 stepping, steppers parallel
Gcode with estlcam, run with SD-card at lcd-display
after finishing my MPCNC and doing some cuts I´ve decided to make a spoil board with some holes to clamp material on it.
· So I created a hole pattern in AutoCAD and gcode with Estlcam (Drilling Operation)
· put my dedicated spoil board on the table
· aligned it with the machine by positioning it to the x-axis (touching the spindle at x-min and x-max edge of the spoil board)
· putting the spindle at x&y-min and started the drilling job
So far so good, but then I realized that the hole pattern seems to be off (not parallel to x-axis). The edge distance of the holes varied quite a lot. I did another drill job with same input hole pattern, bigger drill bit dia. and smaller hole depth (pockets for countersunk screws). The machine hit the already drilled holes perfectly so I am pretty sure I haven’t lost steps in the first round.
As a quick check, I´ve moved the spindle (with drill bit) to the first hole (x-min) and aligned drill bit and hole. Then pushing the gantry by hand (only x-axis) to the hole at x-max position and found out that this hole is off about 5mm in y+ direction.
Therefor I am curious that this is an out of squareness issue cause the manual movement seems to be correct.
Anything I am missing here? Looking forward to your help!