Squaring the Primo

I’ve just made it to this step, and I’m looking for some input. The bolts circled in the image are blocked from getting a socket on them, in one case by the bolt head for the horizontal bearing, and in the other case by the stepper motor. The shape of the 3D printed material on the truck blocks an open-ended wrench or crescent wrench. Do you recommend removing the bolt and stepper motor to make these adjustments?

I cannot make sense of what you are asking. Maybe a picture would help. The circled bolts are mostly vertical, and, are on the opposite side from the stepper motor, and therefore not blocked by the stepper, and should not be blocked by transverse bolt unless you use longer bolts that specified. On my trucks using hardware purchased from V1, the only problematic bolt is the one that is behind the stepper. I installed that bolt so that the locknut is closest to the stepper. The extra thickness of the locknut (over the bolt head), allows me to get the tines of an open-end wrench on the locknut to allow me to adjust this bolt without removing the stepper. Since we are not really cranking down these bolts, having only the tines engaged works fine.

I cannot remember if it was the Primo or the Burly, but I found I had an easier time making adjustments if I used my 1/4" drive sockets with the thinner walls on any bolt where the nut or head was in a well.

1 Like

In the photo above, the circled bolts are horizontal…

I’m specifically looking for input on squaring the Primo, NOT the Burly.

I double-checked the image in the instructions for the Primo, and the circled bolts are the horizontal ones. At the moment I’m having trouble uploading an image, the website gets to 90% uploaded then fails. If I get it working I’ll reply here…

You are right about them being horizontal. My other comments hold, and I verified with my Primo and an open-end wrench and a socket before I responded. I can adjust the horizontal bolts without removing the stepper on my trucks. This may be a because I’m using different nuts or have the bolts installed the opposite way.

1 Like

Maybe you have a picture? I had no issues with any other bolts, so these ones seemed like an oversight.

Here are how my bolts are oriented (looking from the inside):

As you can see, both the nut on the left and the bolt head on the right are reachable by a socket.

And here is looking down to where the tines of the open-end wrench can bite on the nut between the truck and the stepper motor:

1 Like

It looks like the bolt heads are thinner than on the metric ones I used. I’ll see if I can make do. Thanks for the photos.

1 Like

is there a reason why the 2 pinch bolts on the trucks are different than each other? I put mine all in the same way.

Not really, usually they are the same way.

ok in the assembly instruction pictures they are opposite of each other. I was thinking that way you had access to the nut so that you are turning the nut rather than turning the bolt. But then you have more to hold on to on the tight one behind the stepper motor.