Steel Folding Table with Parking Pad

When I started I had some requirements, including being able to park 2 cars in the garage every night, and setting myself up to convert to plasma down the road.

Here’ what I settled on; 6 legged steel table, ~68x48 inch cutting area (I should have gone a hair wider, maybe 50 inch)

IMG_20200614_114943_01|375x500 IMG_20200614_120236_01|375x500

The length was determined by what I could fit under my garage door rails while folding, and the height of the table was set by what is reasonably comfortable for me to work on as a table top.

I’m hoping to start actually making dust in the next few days. Still need to put on my end stop switches and program it all, since I decided to go for Linux CNC based controls for ease of swapping to plasma in 6 months or so when I have finished my wood related projects

5 Likes

Can’t edit to embed pictures, whoops

https://forum.v1e.com/uploads/short-url/q2MzAIfxF6Odswl9vNhIXlyziVT.jpeg

Cool table!

Do you have any pics of the finished table

Pretty neat! Do you have to take off the belts Everytime you fold it up or do they just dangle?

I printed some adjustable tension belt mounts that I can loosen to let the table fold, but I honestly haven’t had to fold it yet because it doubles as a parts staging area and the under table is storage

1 Like

Thanks, I only have a one car in a two car garage but may be wanting to get a trailer that I would have to store inside due to HOA rules (need to move to 100 acres). My lowrider currently blocks the other half and I want my car inside as well- your table would be a good method for having it all. Nice design!

Cargo trailer, or camping trailer? I picked up a used Harbor Freight folding trailer off craiglist and it lets me occasionally haul bulky stuff without taking up half of the garage.

Cargo trailer. Thanks for the link, I have a 4’x4’ lowrider and would mainly like to be able to haul 4’x8’ sheets of plywood. Hauling a motorcycle and some larger tools on occasion would be nice as well I could buy a cheap truck to do the job but a car hitch and this trailer seems like the easier, more space efficient, and cheaper way to go.

I had one of those. I built it and got it licensed. I kept it for a few years. It was annoyingly too large to unfold by myself. I ended up getting a new car without the hitch and sold it for more than I originally paid for it. I told the buyer they were paying me to assemble it and get it titled and they paid me asking price for it.

Good times. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Working solo I wrestle with getting it stood up after folding, and unfolding is always a little more “exciting” than I would prefer. In Wisconsin we don’t need to license a trailer this small.