Step and repeat?

Is there a quick way to “move down the X axis by (this amount) and rerun the gcode” to create multiples side by side without having to CAM all of the repeats? Either by manipulating the gcode files or something in ESTLCam?

you can move the machine over and reset the position to zero.

True enough but with the end stops setup that becomes a bit of a process. If the coordinates (including Z) are already established and I just need to move on down the line by 5 inches and do the same thing it’d be cool to be able to just transpose everything. I guess I could move the material but then I’d have to rehome again so no different that moving the endstops over.

You can still use G92 to implement the step and repeat, let’s say you have

• G28 homing, G90, M03 and whatever other initial setup
  • A thousand lines of G0, G1, G2, G3, carves your job
  • M05, maybe M84, whatever gcode at job end
For the sake of examlpe let's say a safe Z height is Z=21

Then construct a g-code file

• G28 homing, G90, M03 and whatever other initial setup
  • G0 Z21 F240 (or whatever Z rapid feed rate you like)
  • G0 X125 Y0 F1000 (for 125 mm step-over)
  • G92 X0 Y0 Z21
  • copy paste as many copies as you want:
    • G0 Z21 F240 (or whatever Z rapid feed rate you like)
    • G0 X125 Y0 F1000 (for 125 mm step-over)
    • G92 X0 Y0 Z21
  • M05, maybe M84, whatever gcode at job end
Note the 125mm step over is the same each time, it's not 125, 250, 375, because each one is relative to the previous one.

Should be fairly straightforward in a text editor but you have to be careful of course because direct g-code editing your software isn’t helping you from making mistakes.

Probably a good idea to visualize in a g-code visualizer before running for real. I would hope any decent visualizer would respect G92.

I think Estlcam has a copy/paste function. Copy your design and paste it however many times you need.

That is true actually. And IIRC the move tools are pretty millimeter precise. That might be the best plan for the time being here.