Step-by-step guide?

Hi all,

Is there a step-by-step guide for building the MP3DP? My daughter want to build one and I don’t want to be bothered to much :wink: Even a MP3DP like guide is ok(ish)

Thanks!
Cheers,
Kees

this might help
https://docs.v1engineering.com/mp3dp/
Its the closest i can find

Tnx, I know that page, but it is not really a guide suitable for a 17 year old :wink:

No. There really isn’t. It is really more of a project than a product. I will say it is pretty forgiving and outside of the actual 3D printer parts, it is pretty hard to screw up. But the real test is getting it set up and tuned. It shouldn’t be much of a problem for someone who has owned another 3D printer already, especially if they built from a kit. But it isn’t a great first printer build.

However, if you could be bothered (I am assuming you are pretty comfortable with 3D printers) it would be challenging enough to be an excellent learning experience. At the end, I’m sure she will know a ton. Much more than just running settings for an ender 3.

Strong point. After she read your reply, she got more confident. I found some series on Youtube and with the proper coaching I think she will manage.

If she has issues, just post pics of where she’s stuck, there’s someone here almost all the time that can help.

Thanks, my question was because she has to write a report for school (it is her end term project). I can explain her the order to build the printer. Your reply gives me another chapter in her report, which is the importance of open-source and a community to help you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You should encourage her to make a build thread so anyone can help her at anytime. I’m really looking forward to seeing her complete this project.

4 Likes