Stepper Motor Issues

I have the printer working flawlessly upon original setup. Then I took pictures of the wiring set up I had and took it apart to put everything into wire track. I cut a couple of wire connectors off so that I could add some wire extensions then soldered the connectors back up. I plugged everything back in the way it was previously and none of the steppers will move or engage. I am running the RAMBO 1.4 with dual end stops. I took the time to check my power supply and I am getting 12.74V across location 1 and 2 as well as 3 and 4. I had suspicion that some of my soldering didn’t connect correctly so I checked continuity in each individual wire and they are all perfect. All fuses are fine. I have the LCD plugged in and it turns on fine and everything but wont move and steppers, same with repetier host. The green light is on constantly, however at one time the status light stayed lit and orange for about 2 minutes.

At this point I’m pretty lost. Did I fry my board?? Everything I am testing makes me believe I didn’t but buying a new one seems like the best hope at this point.

Thanks

Try using a volt meter to check for continuity in all the wires you cut and soldered

Rambo boards are pretty tough. I’ve seen posts on the forum of people doing some ugly things to the boards by accident, and the boards came through unscathed. So, while it is possible you damaged the board, I’d spend a bit of time troubleshooting before writing it off.

The first thing I’d do is check the X30 pins on the board to see if they have 12V. They are in the blue square. They are a pair of power pins on the motor bus, so they can tell you directly if your connections and fusing are both okay.

If that checks out, I’d next try an alternate power supply if you have one. I’ve seen one instance on this forum of a power supply that read okay until the MPCNC tried to pull significant current.

Post a few pics of the board and the wiring. Maybe we will notice something amiss.

Alright so I did some more looking. Both the power pins read 12v. I did check all the wires for continuity. I will attach a picture of my wiring

Let me know what other pictures would be helpful

Remove the endstops. They won’t do anything until you home, so trying without them eliminates some worry.

How are you trying to make them move? Are you using the screen?

I have tried using the screen as well at repetier host

When using repetier host I can send a command and then LEDS T and R flash on the board but nothing actually moves. Repetier also says that the command was sent.

I see you are using an extension cable for the steppers, can you try to connect the stepper strait to the board, bypassing the extension cables? Maybe one at the time?

Am I able to run 1 servo at a time? if so how do i do that?

Alright Folks I was busy for a couple of weeks but I just got back to trouble shooting my machine. I just checked the power supply and it is giving off 19V. Do i need a new power supply?
Also getting 19V on x30 pins

Do the motors make any sound? I’ve has issues where the wires aren’t properly connected in the right sequence to the motor. They vibrate like they want to move but just struggle