Still not cutting some things straight

Well now that I’ve gotthe machine cutting at a pretty good quality I’m still having some uneven cuts. I don’t understand why some cuts look fine and others are off. The machine is square as are the x and y axis. I just made a depth chart as a visual aid and the letters cut perfect, but when the CNC went to cut the chart out the top and sides were straight, but the bottom had a slight angle to it. I’m using a 10mm/s feedrate. What would cause this?

The ends of the cuts didn’t line up?

Picture?

So after putting it on a straight edge it looks like only one side is straight.

[attachment file=59153] [attachment file=59154] [attachment file=59155] [attachment file=59156]

1-Bit diameter.

2-# of flutes.

3-Feedrate.

4-Depth of cut.

5-Size of all 3 axis.

6-Picture of your machine.

7-How did you clamp it.

1/8” bit diameter, 2 flutes, 10mm/s, 18mm total cut with a 4mm step down, and I clamped it on all 4 corners and had it pretty tight. By size of all axis’s do you mean the physical size or what size it was suppose to be? I can get a better picture of my machine tomorrow, but will these work?

[attachment file=59160]

Before being mounted to the table:
[attachment file=59161]

My best guess is the cable chain on the Z axis mounted pointed up. At the far end it probably has a pretty good amount of torque on your machine. Nothing should be mounted up there. Turn the chain on its side and mount it to the gantry, if you wan to use one.

Not sure what is going on with your coupler but the lower Z mount should be touching it (holding it up).

Not sure it means anything but your pulleys are on backwards, are your belts inline or do they rub?

Is there a bracket you suggest printing to mount it on its side?

So it should look like the one in the pic? If I’m pretty sure mine is that way, but I’ll have to look in the morning

The belts are all straight and don’t rub anything.

[attachment file=59165]

I don’t like cable chains, I have never made a mount. Now you know why I don’t like them.

Pull it off real quick and make sure that is the issue. If you want to go fancy look at my build I used the tape measure trick from Hack a day. Most of the time I just use cable sleeve.

Is this one yours? How do you have it fixed so that the cables don’t drag the table top?

That is just the wire sleeve I sell.

https://www.v1engineering.com/forum/topic/red-black-and-wheels/

This one has links to the “fancy” way to do it.

omg that is brilliant. I just seen the 3 pictures of your MPCNC though and can’t see how you have yours mounted.

Is there a bracket you suggest printing to mount it on its side?

So it should look like the one in the pic? If I’m pretty sure mine is that way, but I’ll have to look in the morning

The belts are all straight and don’t rub anything.

[attachment file=59179]

The cable chain appears to be the issue. Thanks! Do you have a better picture of how you have your measuring tape mounted?

If you still want to use the existing cable chain, you can try the z_mount_fixed part from the following thingiverse project. It mounts to the center assembly so it doesn’t pull on the Z axis. Just one bolt to clamp it on, and then however you want to attach the chain to the mount. I haven’t had any problems doing it this way on my machine.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2301104/#files

Thanks. I did the measuring tape trick and think I’m going to stick with it.

So I just made a new rectangular cut and noticed it is still off. I put a square up against the x and y axis conduit and noticed they’re not perpendicular at all. How do I fix this?

https://www.v1engineering.com/assembly/frame/

I had already checked that and it was coming up spot on. But I did notice my X and Y tension bolts were very loose. I know they’re suppose to be loose, but they were too loose. I tightened them up after squaring the x and y axis and it appears to have fixed my issue. I’m making a third cut to verify so fingers crossed.

Spoke too soon. The places the V-but carved gare spot on and even, but when I did a tool change to a straight bit it is off. Everything is clamped down tight, the X and Y axis are square, and the frame of the machine is square.

[attachment file=59300]
[attachment file=59301]
[attachment file=59302]
[attachment file=59303]
[attachment file=59304]
[attachment file=59305]
[attachment file=59306]
[attachment file=59307]

Attached is the .dxf and a .gcode for each tool.

[attachment file=59310]

[attachment file=“Mothers Day.rar”]