Still waiting on the Gingerbread Category

This year’s family Gingerbread “House” fashioned with the help of my MPCNC. Who ever said you could not machine peppermint candy. And yes, it rotates… :slight_smile:

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!!!

25 Likes

That’s COOL! :grin:

That is pure awesome!

I have to ask: Where do you get what looks like a sheet of peppermint candy?

I made it by creating a custom wood frame on a cookie sheet, lined with parchment paper, and arranging the peppermint star-bright candies in a pattern. Backed at 350F for 10 minutes to let them soften, flow and fuse. I then contact cemented the sheet to a 1/8 backer board for machining.

8 Likes

Thanks, that’s very creative! Of course you may have intimidated enough folks to keep you waiting for a Gingerbread Category. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Ding Ding Ding!!!

Winner for the most festive project to date! This is awesome on every level.

6 Likes

That is amazing! I see there’s a gap around the peppermint platform. Does this mean it moves?

Yes. I used the MPCNC to do the base also and pocketed a place for a rotating motor and music.

1 Like

Oh NO! Now you’ve given my wife some ideas for more things to do, except now it’s with MY router!!

1 Like

Oh and wait no longer…

I am smiling ear to ear.

8 Likes

You’re a powdery peppermint madman!

2 Likes

I always got a kick out of the cutting guide on the side of some Doall bandsaws that allows you to look up blade type/cutting speed for such diverse materials as horsehair and meteorites. Don’t believe I’ve ever seen any guidance for cutting peppermint candy though. :grin:

3 Likes