Superglue let go

5/16" bolt for giggles. Superglued it into the hole, bolt got warm and the glue let go, then the trochodial spirals started unscrewing the bolt.

3 Likes

Awww that would have been the coolest logo yet!

I’ll probably pull the waste board and mount the vice. That’ll hold it! It was a little heavy on the cuts, whole Z was tilting a touch, but wasn’t skipping steps. Makes me think it almost needs a third clamp further up the router.

You’re going to need a V1logo shaped spanner when you finish that…

1 Like

Heck, the spanner should be easy… Once you get the tool steel settings right.

Vise worked much better!

There was flexing, but no skipped steps.

5 Likes

3 Likes

That lil endmill has put in some serious service, time for it to retire proudly!

Nah, five minutes with a file and it’ll be ready to go again. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You might try a 1/4 inch endmill. I have only milled copper for one project so far, but I was able to remove far more material with the 1/4 inch bit. Since I broke an 1/8th inch bit removing less material, I have to assume the extra thickness of the bit makes it stronger and therefor can remove more.

Especially since chip removal is not a huge issue in your application.

Probably, but quarter inch end mills cost more. These little 8th inchers are disposable. That and I was just screwing around. I try not to touch steel whenever possible.

These were not too expensive.

AUTOTOOLHOME 1/4 inch HSS 4 Flutes End Mills Milling Cutter End Drill Bit Straight Shank Pack of 2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01099VUQY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_H4Y-EbP1Z9HHE

Four flutes causes it’s own problems with the speeds we rotate at.