Surfboard shaping Lowrider

Any chance there’s a static electricity element? There have been reports of folks with dust collectors having to bond systems together to prevent restarts. Perhaps a little extra grounding could keep you running.

2 Likes

polystyrene sticks everywhere, so I would say there might be some static involve… you mean grounding between motors/screen/main board?

I have seen a lot of people run a bare copper wire through the vacuum tube and then ground the far end.

you can do the same by just using a self-tapping screw to attach a piece of wire on each end. The screw will protrude into the vac-hose and provide a place for the static to discharge. It saves a lot on copper for those with long vac runs.

Thank @jeffeb3 and @niget2002 but I don’t have a vacuum hose yet, so that not my source of static …

Can you wrap the controller in something that can be grounded? When I put my DIY controller box together I used sheilded cables and an old repurposed plastic enclosure. I added some aluminum tape to the inside of one side of the box so the shields landed there and then connected that tape to the ground line of the IEC connector bringing the power in. So far, I haven’t seen any static issues.

1 Like