My LR3 build starts here
I had most of the parts ordered and printed upfront. It took 2-3 weeks to print the parts and receive everything from all the online shops. I spent something like 470 EUR for the parts excluding the steppers, as I used the ones I had from my previous cnc.
The parts are designed very nicely and I really enjoyed printing them. Some overhangs were a little bit on the steepish side and I couldn’t get them to print nicely, even going at slow print speeds. But overall the design is still great.
Generally the build is going according to the docs. We went to the country for the weekend and I found some 20-year-old black wood stain and gave it a try The paint looked like jelly, but I was quite happy with the result in the end.
I made a mistake when slicing the XZ stubs and printed them at 40% infill instead of 70%. This could be the reason why the holes were a little bit too big for m3 screws.
Also I am not sure why one of them stubs has 2 holes for the screws and the other one has only 1. Maybe I will find out later on
It took a while to align the long rails properly. I had to loosen and tighten the screws a few times to get it right. At the moment it seems very smooth.
Will build some more tomorrow.