Terminal G42 and syntax?

I have not yet succeeded in getting any pin to respond to G42? So what’s the right syntax in the terminal for pin 2.04? Tried P2.04 and P2_04 none of them work…
What else could be wrong…
Example:

G42 P2.04 S128

Nothing happens, I can get respond from the laser menu if I set the power in there, I changed the fan pin to 2.04😉

It is expert noobs SKR 1.4 turbo 2209 firmware…

Not sure of the syntax, but it is M42, not G42 to set a pen state.

Edit: The pin mapping in Marlin for this board are defined in pins_BTT_SKR_V1_4.h in the pins/lpc1768 directory. Based on the format used in this file, I expect they are looking for P2_04 as the pin name.

That was an syntax error😜 offcourse M42…
Yes I have no problems with it when editing Marlin, but the M42 command from the terminal total failure…

Are you sure that P2_04 is a PWM pin? In this reference, P2_04 is listed as e1heat. Usually the 12V pins are ground-switching. Are you sure you are checking the associated ground pin with P2_04? I was just thinking your issue may not be the M42 syntax, but something else.

1 Like

P2_04 worked flawlessly when set as the Fan Pin and controlled by the laser menu, problem is the same as with the original PIN, the modulation is on the gnd and not the + as needed…