Test Crown File Missing?

I’m ready to start taking some baby steps testing and went to download the test crown gcode file from EstlCam Basics | V1 Engineering Inc But all I get is an empty text file. :confused: Anyone know where I can find the actual gcode file?

1 Like

I downloaded the crown for you (I think I used the first link in the text):
0102.zip (29.4 KB)

1 Like

Thank you - I was able to download that one, but it is the vector files, not the gcode. I haven’t got a software workflow set up yet to turn the vector into gcode and for initial test wanted to use a known good gcode file.

1 Like

test-crown.gcode (21.6 KB)

I thought that it was still there, but this is the copy I downloaded last September.

1 Like

Oh, I am sorry. I am so used to just pop the dxf into Estlcam. I do not use Marlin. :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you @SupraGuy !

No worries @Tokoloshe - I’m a total newb to cad/cam and have no idea what I’m doing yet. Next step is for me to post a plea for help on software/workflow options for Mac. :wink: But first let’s see if I ca draw a crown. :grin:

1 Like

Well… it kinda sorta almost works. :joy:

:rofl: Looks like there’s a slight scale problem there…

1 Like

Ahh, just use a finer point marker!

1 Like

Yep @SupraGuy. :joy: Guess it’s time I started figuring out how to make my own gcode from vectors. :man_shrugging: At least I got my wires neatened up in the meantime.

slaps forehead @Strider_Matic

:joy:

No, stay with the test crown (you actually linked to the right file with those keywords). The right place is at docs.v1engineering.com, not the one you linked. You can also magically call it with: estlcam basics

That looks really tiny. I wonder if there is an inch to mm conversion issue?

Do you have the v1 firmware installed?

I have whatever Ryan installed a couple weeks ago when I ordered it. :slight_smile: I’ll take another stab at downloading from the link you just gave me. Thank you!

If you command it to move by 10mm, does it move 10mm?

Downloaded the gcode, ran it, got excited… then it just stopped here:

Controller seems to have locked up. :confused:

Oh, that’s interesting… I restarted the controller, and reinitiated the “Cut” and it seems to have carried on from where it had died before.

Other than pen holder issues, I’m going to call this a success. :grin:

6 Likes