New builds deserve new topics
You can find my older MPCNC build here:
Here’s where I’m at so far… Nothing printed. Nothing downloaded.
I’ve printed my cut sheet out on paper and I’ve printed the parts list out so I can mark which parts get to be which color.
I’ve ordered 3@8’ pipes from Jegs. I’ve ordered the upgrade kit from V1, and I’ve ordered the 10mm Gt2 belt.
I’m hoping to finally have a build that will look nice and not have 100 different colors on it. If I measured correctly, the new build should ‘just’ fit inside the old enclosure. It might be a close fit. I might be able to modify the enclosure. Worse case, I build a new one.
I’ll be going with a Black and Blue color scheme. I have a brand new roll of Black in the shop, so I can start printing tonight. I’ll have to wait for the blue to show up to start printing those.
I’m hoping all my current cable lengths will work as I really don’t want to re-solder/re-wire any of the steppers. We’ll see.
My final cut size will still hopefully be 24"x24"x4". The 4" Z axis is only because I sometimes mill the top of 3" material (cutting boards). Most of what I do is 3/4" or less and I just stack layers of MDF to raise the build platform to reduce how far the Z has to hang under the gantry.
I’ll keep ya’ll posted as I work through this.