TFT SD Card sort order on Cut menu

I feel real dumb for asking this, but can’t for the life of me figure it out. Can’t find any posts with a similar issue, either.

It’s simple, in concept. When I would list my files on the TFT SD Card in the CUT menu, they used to be sorted by date… i.e. the last thing I put on the card was the 1st thing listed. Something happened, and now it’s in some weird order; not even alphabetic! Reset didn’t work. Reloaded the config.ini didn’t work. Now what?

Some please smack me up side the head!!! TIA

Have a look at the config text file, I am pretty sure you can have it sorted by date, name, or last used.

2 Likes

It is probably in the advanced settings menu as well.

Be careful though, you should not currently be using the TFT side, Marlin mode only. There is a pending fix but it has not been merged yet.

2 Likes

OH - all I’ve ever used is the TFT side. It’s also the easiest accessible, especial in the enclosure I 3d printed.

Also… I’m not seeing an “advanced” menu… where is that?

Also… I did look in the config.ini file and didn’t see it. Is that the “config text” file you are referring to?

Ah! I am not in marlin mode, looking at the config.ini file. That must be how I’m able to use the TFT side.

#### Default Mode
# Options: [0:Touch Mode, 1: Marlin Mode]
default_mode:0

You hold the knob in for 10 seconds to switch between modes.

Sorry, Ryan. There’s no knob. Let me see if I can get a couple pix uploaded to demonstrate what I mean.

If you do not have the tft35 or the one other tft with a knob then you don’t have both modes.

Well… my problem is not about the mode (or is it!?) I just want to list the files with the most current file at the top of the list. Here’s a few pix:

I vaguely remember a setting in the config for the sorting of files.

Top pic shows my hardware, which I’m assuming you recognize! :slight_smile:
The next two show my CUT menu, selecting the TFT SD, and then the list. It’s this list that USED to be sorted with my latest projects on top. Now, somehow, the are in seemingly random order.

Am I making sense? Hope that helps

Hey Jeffeb3. Thanks for joining! So… I did look through the whole config.ini file, and although there are a few items about listing, there’s not one about sort order. It’s entirely possible that I simply don’t have it in this config.ini… Maybe someone knows the right variable to use?

I don’t have the screen in front of me. There are screen settings you can do from the screen itself. That is where I remember seeing it.

Here’s the few “list” things I do have in config.ini (I hand selected these - this isn’t ALL I have in here):

#List View Border Color
list_border_color:15

#List View button background color
list_button_bg_color:15

#### File List Mode
# show file as list
# Options: [enable: 1, disable: 0]
files_list_mode:1

#### Long File Names Support
# On Marlin Firmware, The TFT will autodetect Long File Name supported
# Auto-detect is not available for other firmwares like Smoothieware
#Options: [enable: 1, disable: 0, auto-detect: 2]
long_filename_support:1

And other stuff that might be important:

#### Default Mode
# Options: [0:Touch Mode, 1: Marlin Mode]
default_mode:0

#### Onboard / Printer SD Card Support
# On Marlin Firmware, The TFT will auto detect Onboard SD Card
# Auto-detect is not available for other firmwares like Smoothieware
#Options: [enable: 1, disable: 0, auto-detect: 2]
onboard_sd_support:2

I looked there, too, Jeff. It wasn’t there.

1 Like

maybe the version matters, too:

HA! I built this thing a year ago! I’ve forgotten everything and if I need to do any firmware stuff, I’ll have to relearn it all. It’s been working great for me, so up until now, haven’t needed to dig into the code! Was really hoping for a simple solution to the seemingly simple issue. :wink:

oh yeah… I changed PRINT to CUT… so it’s the PRINT menu that lists the files.

Looks like it is in the latest firmware.

I would be careful though. The new firmware isn’t backwards compatible. Once you go to the new stuff, it may not let you go back. We have seen some weird flipped icons when going from the latest to older firmware.

NICE. Well… I wouldn’t be going backwards, right? (and for S&Gs, I tried that variable and didn’t work. Duh!)

it’s BTT TFT35 Version 2.0
Firmware: TFT35_V2.0.26.x

What is the latest I can use with this hardware?
i guess I’m going to have to relearn this stuff. I do have my original BIQU_TFT35_APP1_V2.0.26.x file. I’m going to re-install it.

reloading didn’t work.

grrrrr. I guess I need to remember how to do all this compiling and stuff!!!

I wonder WTH happened!!! nuts.

Thanks Jeff!!! Where do I get that latest code again?