TFT35 E3 V3 not loading anymore

I’ve been building my Lowrider2 slowly over the past few months and things were going very well. It has a SKR Pro 1.2 with Trinamic TMC 2209 drivers and a TFT E3 V3. I got everything assembled and temporarily wired so I could make a test cut.

I then I took things apart to clean up the wiring and stuff. When I got everything back together and powered it back up, the TFT E3 V3 would no longer load the menus.

I can press either icon and the menus flash up for a second and then it goes back to this screen. I’ve checked all the connections and everything seems correct. I have an Ender3 with the same TFT and a SKR Mini E3 so I swapped the screens and they both work fine on the printer. I’m not sure what to do next.

Box
Lid

I think that is a problem in the gray cables. It makes it think the encoder button is held down. Check they are in the right spots and rotated correctly.

If you tighten then screen down too much it can think it is being pressed. I’ve seen this before. Try backing the screws out a little from the case top.

I see you mounted the screen from the front, not the back - i.e. you drilled though. The standoff should have been just long enough to avoid the edges of the screen making too much contact. Make sure the bolts you used are not too tight and forcing the screen edge against the case.

My V1 version had this problem until I extended the standoffs.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response! I removed the screen from the case and now the menu comes up. So that must have been the problem. I’m getting the “No printer attached” now. I cycled through all the UART Speeds with on luck. I’ve also re-checked the cables and they look correct. Anymore suggestions?

I had a similar issue when I set my Lowrider up. I found the black 5 conductor ribbon cable doesn’t fit very well in the SKR board. The pins barely make contact. A loose connection there can cause the “No Printer Attached” error. I replaced the Dupont servo style connector with the correct JST connector so I wouldn’t have to worry about it in the future.

Also remember that the “No Printer Attached” does appear on the screen for a few seconds at each power-up and then it should disappear after everything is fully booted up.

1 Like

Paul,
I took your advice and installed the correct connector on the cable. I was sure that that would fix it but no luck. I then swapped out the grey cables and that didn’t fix it either. I’m running out of ideas. Maybe I’ll try swapping the screens with my printer and see if that one will work.

Quick update. I finally got back to my lowrider. As I said before, I took Paul’s advice and installed the correct connector but I also re-flashed the SKR. I don’t know which one fixed the problem, but everything works not. Thanks for the help! :slight_smile: