The long term over thought MPCNC build, Huntsville AL

Hey all, just adding a latest pic to my super slow build. I might go a month before I do anything, but I started this with the idea that I would in no way rush it.

So now I need to smush all the wiring through my small diameter mesh somehow. Everything is working electrically. The core seems very loose but I’ll go back and make sure I didn’t forget to tighten up after adjustments, and resquare everything before drawing a square.

Quick —Stepper Wiring —question though…
I got a honking big rotary attachment shipped with my laser for $100… but I want to repurpose it and place under my MPCNC through a removal panel. Then I have a smaller rotary I just got for my laser…

The problem is one has a flat connector and the other has a round four pin. I need to essentially swap the cable ends. The small rotary needs four pin round for my laser and the big honking rotary needs flat connector.

Im sorry but I’m learning graphic design and am an equipment user, so wanted to see if anyone could tell me how I should wire the 4 colors, I would appreciate it. I hope to do this tonight or tomorrow as we are expecting a lot of rain here :slight_smile:

Thank you

2 Likes

found a great video on this… will give it a shot!

edit: info on the stepper for the heavy rotary:
leadshine 57CM21X , 1.8 deg, 5.0A

info on the stepper for the light (eccentric) rotary (42HS34, my motors label says “19V”, but I don’t see any stepper with this model rated for 19V… ? ):