The Old Mans New Build In Michigan

Might as well get the thread going now, 3/4 done with the printed parts and the kit is being delivered today. Hopefully will get the wood and other supplies and get the table going this weekend. Wish I wouldn’t have sold my table saw a few years back when we were planning on moving to California.

2 Likes

You can definitely get the build going without a table saw, but it sure is nice to have. I look forward to seeing your build. What tubing size and machine size are you shooting for?

Going with the standard 23.5 US, looking at a 24x24 work area. Probably will never use that large of an area but would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Going to use slatwall as the spoil board with the aluminum inserts. Just going to use 1" x 1/8" flat aluminum stock to make T nuts to slide into the inserts. Have a lot to do along with all the usually “get ready for summer” stuff. I feel bad for my youngest daughter as it is her senior year of high school and it seems like she will be missing out on alot of things due to everything that is going on. Unfortunately it is good for me as I will have more time on my hands than expected.

@vicious1, I know it is premature since I am still printing my parts but I want to make sure of one thing. Since I ordered the series wiring the endstops are disabled in the firmware correct? Just want to make sure I do not need to have the endstops that came with the Rambo board connected even though I will not be using them right now.

You do not need to connect endstops. If you decide you want dual endstops later, you can flash new firmware (assuming it is a full sized rambo). If you want single endstops (although that isn’t needed or recommended), you can connect them to the firmware you have, but you do not need to.

1 Like

Thanks @jeffeb3, yes it is the full sized, just wanted to be sure.

1 Like

Doing some test fitting, so far so good with the printed parts. Only 5 more pieces left plus the DeWalt mount.

2 Likes

Well on your way! Keep the photos coming! It wasn’t that long ago that I finished my LR2, and it’s cool to see everyone’s builds, just like it’s the first time ever seeing one! You’ll be making chips in no time. Or… Dust… Fine, fine dust that gets every where… Even in places you didn’t think it could get into… Like sand, when you go to the beach…

LOL

2 Likes

Slat wall as a t slot table…brilliant! Why didn’t I think of that!

Been so focused they mg to get everything printed, researching the forums, etc. Everything is together, wired to board today and all axis move and in the correct direction. Working on temporary cable management until I decide what I want to do. Really considering flashing with GRBL since my other small router uses it. Work in progress, luckily I have a week off.

6 Likes

Hi Larry, where in Michigan? I’m in the Ann Arbor area. :slight_smile: