The Swiss Army knife of micromanufacturing

I found a quote from Ryan this morning, “I made a CNC Platform. I made a Swiss army knife of micromanufacturing.”

So I tried to draw that a little bit. It’s supposed to look like a Swiss army knife with popular MPCNC tools folding out of it. I’m not a graphic designer and I wanted to just do a quick sketch so I downloaded photos off Google images, ran Tracebmp in Inkscape and put it all together in Draftsight.

In case it isn’t obvious here are the tools left to right: 3D printer extruder, Drag knife, Dewalt 660 router, Laser, Pen.

12 Likes

Love it!!

Ryan, my son Josh and I would like to thank you for creating the MPCNC, keeping costs super reasonable, sharing your designs with the world and kitting up and selling everything.

Last year when the pandemic struck I was immediately sent home from work to work remotely and my 16 year old son was sent home from school. His school needed time to figure out remote classes so for about 2 weeks his school was closed. We immediately ordered an MPCNC kit and that is how I kept his education going during that time. We both learned a lot, had a lot of fun together and made some cool stuff. I agree with one comment I saw that said every teenager should be building/learning/using one of these.

This is us…I made a little video to share with my friends on Facebook. Maybe some of them will build one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh5tPKRDc9g&feature=youtu.be

12 Likes

Thank you so much for taking the time to say that, make, and share that video. Such an amazing comment to end my day on. That story is about as perfect as I could possibly imagine. I love that it provided a fun learning experience, but more glad it provided some quality together time.

Keep up the good work, hope to see more of it around here!!

1 Like

That’s awesome.

@Work4crown THANK YOU

It’s nice to see responsible parents teaching their kids how to prepare for the future. I’m sure Josh had a blast and has learned many lessons he couldn’t learn in school. And I’m sure it’s made the two of you closer.

You give me hope that we will have enough youth to keep civilization sane ;-). Or at least sane enough to not implode all of us.