Thejat's project log

Maybe go a few towns over and try to sell the same signs for 2x as much in their hardware store. Or try etsy. You might be surprised.

Price has a funny affect on people. It often confirms their perception of value, or even seeds it. People don’t have a good idea of what a speaker should cost, but when they see a $2000 set of speakers, they assume they are amazing. Later, they hear them. Their bias is already hearing things that support their initial value.

You don’t want to be the guy that gets lots of lookers and no takers, but if you’re working hard on the signs, and they make people happy, they will be happy to pay what they are worth, not just what you can make them for.

I wouldn’t be surprised if you can easily sell those for $100 ea. You would not be hurting anyone if you did that.

2 Likes

You are exactly right!
I learned that lesson.
I did my first show at a local trades day, I sold my jalapeno corer for $8. I had a lot of lookers and be-backs (the people that say ok cool I’ll be back), I didn’t sell a whole bunch.
The next one I sold them for $6, one woman asked if I would sell her 2 for $10 I was happy to!
From then on they are $6 each or 2 for $10.
Almost everyone has a friend they would give one to.
Now some times I go home with only the totes I brought them in and a pocket full of cash!
It is the feeling you get when someone gives you their hard earned money for something you make that puts a smile on their face.
Keep it up!

5 Likes

Whats this about a jalapeno corer???

I need one! Show us pictures

1 Like

Website…USPS small flat rate box…just sayin…

This is the fastest and easiest way to remove the seeds and membrane out of a jalapeno!

20160320_173208_1

If someone does order, put MPCNC in the notes I will send you your order plus one free!

2 Likes

Looks like the GIF is tiny.
This is a video.

4 Likes

Where’s the cream cheese reservoir and bacon dispenser?

6 Likes

You had me at bacon dispenser…

2 Likes

I have actually done tests runs here with his corer, and it did just what it was supposed to do. :slight_smile: I used it for my last batch of chili to clean the peppers out before chopping them up…
And I have always had more success getting rid of junk by putting it in the driveway with a sign “$200 or best offer” than with “Free”. The first one has the junk disappear overnight and the second one it just hangs around until I put it in the garbage.

2 Likes

Well that’s pretty awesome… had to order one.

However you might want to update you product description in PP

Or maybe you also teach roosters how to reach their potential…

2 Likes

Thats funny!
I mean embarrassing… its been like that for 6 years and I have never noticed.

3 Likes

Looks like no one else has either.

2 Likes

Canada Day Signs. Not as impressive as the US Flag stuff, but okay…

2 Likes

Looks good! Needs Maple Leaf(ves)…

2 Likes

very nice! +1 for maple leaf(ves)

1 Like

Nice signs, how do you get the black inlay so crisp, mine always look like they were painted by a 5 year old!!