Tilting Table Build

I’m not laughing, I’m rolling my eyes. :slight_smile:

Okay, maybe it’s more “bat poop free space”… I did get the basement eves filled in with sheet metal and I expanding foamed behind the beams where the bats have been living. Hopefully the barn will be bat free this year. That would be cool.

1 Like

That’s something I never think about when watching scenes in the bat cave.

1 Like

That’s why Batman uses a lot of carbon fiber on his stuff. Bat pee is very corrosive.

1 Like

I also thought that’s why everything he has is black. To help hide it.

Very nice setup.

I had been considering building a Maslow CNC because I don’t have the floor space to give up to a 4’x8’ table- But this looks like an excellent way to handle that problem, at least while the machine isn’t in use!

I must say, your table is a nice design. I looked strongly at using metal studs vs. the unistrut due to weight and ease of construction such as rivets instead of screws or other fasteners. My concern was rigidity and flexing. The metal studs are pretty flexible and twist easily compared to the c-channel and 14 gauge metal of the unistrut. I’m hopeful your design works as planned.

I would be curious how this table is holding up as well. The steel stud route seems interesting.

The table held up just fine. Because it was metal it stayed very stable and did not warp with changing humidity conditions. The only thing I did not like about it was the twisting action. You could grab one end of the table and twist it by hand. When the legs were down and everything was leveled up, everything was perfect. I would not recommend this table design for a machine that is going to be moved around a shop like mine was. I think it would still work perfect for something that stayed in one place. I have 3/4" MFD as a spoil board on top so I never got into the 1/4" masonite skin which helped longevity.