Tool change not prompting

New build here, been doing some basic planing, and some basic carving. I recently tried to set up a code using 2 different tools in Fusion360, but it is not prompting me in between code sections.

Using fusion360 with the correct PP listed here on the site.
Printing from a memory card.
It appears that the PP settings show tool change enabled.

I’m generating the gcode from the setup level to generate it all at once, should I be doing that differently? For now I’ll just do multiple gcode files, but the issue I have with that is it unlocks the steppers when it’s finished, so I have to manually move things around to lock them for changing the tools, otherwise I lose my 0.

I don’t have access to Fusion at the moment, but in the Property/Value list you displayed, isn’t there an option for “manual tool change”? Have you tried changing that from No to Yes?

Verify that your tools have different numbers. If they don’t, fusion (maybe it’s the pp) will assume you don’t need to change the tool. Imagine going from an Adaptive clear to a finish contour with the same tool. It would be lunacy to stop.
I’ve made that mistake at least a dozen times. The new update seems like it could help with this, since you have to punch in the tool number manually when setting it up.
You might be able to see your tool number at the beginning of the tool path label in the browser tree. You can verify it in the “manage tools” or some such nonsense. Make sure you are looking at the toolbox associated with the file, and not your master or cloud toolbox.

PP propely issues prompts when you need tool change even with disabled probing. For both cases - with M3/M5 controlled spindle and with manua;;y controlled:

It could be the tool number that was the issue. Along with manual tool change. In the tool config.

I havent had a chance to retest that yet, I’ve been fighting an alignment issue with 2 aided milling.

1 Like