Tool mount

Whats the difference between the two tool mounts?

What will you use the MPCNC for? Mine came with 4 pieces to attach the Dewalt router. I had to print my pen holder here.

I’m talking about the two different sizes you can print.

Hello Derek,

Are you referring to the three different sets of printed parts for different types of conduit? If so, here is some more information about that. Basically, since the MPCNC is made in many different countries, and there are many different types of conduit that can be used to make the frame, you have to 3D print parts that will fit your type of conduit, either 23.5 mm, 25mm, or 25,4mm (outer diameter). In the US 23.5 mm fits 3/4" EMT (electrical) conduit, but it is recommended that you verify the size of the tubing beforehand.

Hope this helps and good luck!

1 Like

I think the difference is the depth for the screw head. one for 6-32 and one for 4mm

1 Like

If I’m buying the kit which one should it print

Mohan’s answer was good… You print the size that fits the tubing you have available. In the US and Canada you can get 3/4" EMT conduit which has an outside diameter of 23.5mm. Outside the US you can either find 1" outside diameter tubing (25.4mm) or 25mm outside diameter tubing. Once you know which tubing is right for you then print the matching parts.

I’m using 23.5mm conduit I’m asking about the tool mount u can print.

If you are asking about Tool_Mount_C_6-32.STL vs. Tool_Mount_C_4mm.STL the difference is what fasteners you are using. If you’re in the US then I would guess you’re using #6-32 screws and nuts, in which case you would use Tool_Mount_C_6-32.STL.

1 Like

I am in the process of a build (Primo J - 25.4) and just printed the Burly tool mount (J - 6/23").

I am tring to use the Phil Pan Screws (M5 - .80) I bought from the shop and it doesnt fit. Is this as simple as going to the store and purchasing new screws? What about the nut trap?

Should I just “widen” the hole with a bit?

Thanks in advance

I’ve read a couple of place on the forum where the holes were just drilled out and the Primo nut traps and bolts were used. You might have to go back and reprint the Burly tool mount with more perimeters if you go the route of widening the holes. Alternately, you can use Burly nut traps and bolts. In my opinion, if you plan on the Burly tool mount to be permanent, then I’d use the Burly nut traps. If you plan on swapping between Burly and Primo tool mounts, I’d widen the hole.

I was planning on using burly tools as I dont know how to design in CAD … yet.

The primo marketplace is still a little anemic. It’s new, I get it, but I am a noob at this and my name says it all … I’m skill capped at the moment.

On to the hardware store to find the nuts and bolts. Thanks