Tool Shadowbox

I’m guessing this was long before bananas were invented. Those are perfect.

2 Likes

Garage sale. Or help a young person out who jist bought a house get started with a bunch of pliers (but never the right one).

What about quarter inches?

Fine, metric feet it is!

1 Like

Is it weird that I kind on like it? The best part is, I’m finally 6 feet* tall!

*metric feet

I’m holding out for a metric day = 100 kiloseconds.

Not counting leap seconds of course.

5 Likes

Took me a full ten seconds to realize what was going on with that clock.

You mean 0.01ks

That clock is a bit strange.

1 Like

The AttoParsec is clearly the most appropriate unit for objects of this general scale.

The BeardSecond is useful on very small scales.

And all this time I thought it was furlongs/fortnight, Dang!

1 Like

That’s the UOM that my engineering professor inserted whenever a student forgot to label their results.

1 Like

Well…Furlongs/Fortnight is a measurement of velocity…I think we’re just dealing with distance here…microfurlongs would be workable though. 8^)

You’re all assuming some fixed concept of space-time at non-relativistic speeds. Start figuring in gravitational waves, quantum flux, etc., and measurements become meaningless. Except to my wife. Then things must be centered on a wall, or in a visual open space.

Excellent idea, and bright solution, thanks for sharing!

This goes straight-away in my to do list.

There’s a good YouTube video from NYCNC about using images to help design on F360. Just search ‘how to create a CAD model from a photo in fusion 360’. I tried including link but new member restrictions and all that.

Loving the metric v imperial chaos :joy:

I worked at an aerospace company that converted to metric in the 70’s but kept all of the imperial jigs, tooling, drawing etc. Took a long time to get used to it all (some obscure metric measurements and tooling used) and not long at all to forget about it.

My job now involves a metric based system working on imperial infrastructure. I can’t escape the madness!

4 Likes

I like it!

Okay, I have to figure out a way to try this now. Very cool idea.