trouble compiling marlin - makeboard model pro

So I just built a MPCNC using the kit from V1 and wanted to start building another from scratch. I have a makeboard model pro that I was going to use for a printer a while back but never got around to it. From what i can tell its basically a ramps 1.4 thats all in one.

That said, I downloaded the zip file from the github page and followed the flashing instructions to a T. I just wanted to try and compile before I upload and I just can’t get it to compile. below is my error message. its pretty long. I should state I just updated to the newest IDE and un installed the old one. Using a PC but plan to try it at home on a mac tonight if i get stuck.

Warning: Board Breadboard Arduino:avr:atmega328bb doesn’t define a ‘build.board’ preference. Auto-set to: AVR_ATMEGA328BB
sketch\src\lcd\dogm\lcdprint_u8g.cpp: In function ‘int lcd_put_wchar_max(uint32_t, pixel_len_t)’:

sketch\src\lcd\dogm\lcdprint_u8g.cpp:36:24: error: ‘class U8GLIB_ST7920_128X64_RRD’ has no member named ‘getPrintCol’

unsigned int x = u8g.getPrintCol(),

^

sketch\src\lcd\dogm\lcdprint_u8g.cpp:39:23: error: ‘ret’ was not declared in this scope

u8g.setPrintPos(x + ret, y);

^

sketch\src\lcd\dogm\lcdprint_u8g.cpp:39:28: error: ‘y’ was not declared in this scope

^

sketch\src\lcd\dogm\lcdprint_u8g.cpp: In function ‘int lcd_put_u8str_max(const char*, pixel_len_t)’:

sketch\src\lcd\dogm\lcdprint_u8g.cpp:45:24: error: ‘class U8GLIB_ST7920_128X64_RRD’ has no member named ‘getPrintCol’

^

sketch\src\lcd\dogm\lcdprint_u8g.cpp:48:23: error: ‘ret’ was not declared in this scope

^

sketch\src\lcd\dogm\lcdprint_u8g.cpp:48:28: error: ‘y’ was not declared in this scope

^

sketch\src\lcd\dogm\lcdprint_u8g.cpp: In function ‘int lcd_put_u8str_max_P(const char*, pixel_len_t)’:

sketch\src\lcd\dogm\lcdprint_u8g.cpp:53:24: error: ‘class U8GLIB_ST7920_128X64_RRD’ has no member named ‘getPrintCol’

^

sketch\src\lcd\dogm\lcdprint_u8g.cpp:56:23: error: ‘ret’ was not declared in this scope

^

sketch\src\lcd\dogm\lcdprint_u8g.cpp:56:28: error: ‘y’ was not declared in this scope

^

Multiple libraries were found for “U8glib.h”
Used: C:\Users\justin.boetsma\Documents\Arduino\libraries\U8glib
Not used: C:\Users\justin.boetsma\Documents\Arduino\libraries\arduino_326592
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560.

just for kicks, I downloaded the latest version of marlin and was able to compile and upload that fine as a ramps board with the discount reprap screen selected.