Trouble homing y axis on MPCNC

I am having trouble with homing my Y axis. I can move the Y axis either direction the entire length with no problems. when I try to home it, the Y1 stepper motor will move but the Y stepper motor will not. I can push the Y manually and the Y1 will will move with it. As soon as I stop pushing it manually The Y stops. The Y1 will try to continue moving but the rail binds. The X axis will home just fine and will also move the entire length both directions fine. I have tried replacing the stepper motors (both the Y and Y1). I replaced the wire connection to the the skr pro board. Still does the same thing. My build is a 2’ x 2’. The corners are squared to within 1/16". The rails move easily. I also tried swapping the stepper motor drivers (TMC2209). same thing happened. Could there be a problem with the skr pro board.

You haven’t specified, but from the question, I’m guessing that you are using dual endtops. I’m guessing this because you don’t home the non-dual endstop version.

This kind of behaviour indicates that either the endstop is not connected, or they are connected to the wrong places (Y1 stop on Y2 motor, and vice versa)

Yes I do have dual endstops, Thanks for the suggestion Dan. I will check them.

Update on my homing problem. The endstops were wired correctly. I inspected the wires closely and noticed a Black spot at the end of the shrink tube on the red wire by the endstop. I stripped the tube and noticed a bad spot on the wire. I stripped it back and reconnected with a new shrink tube. It now homes fine. Thanks again for the heads up SupraGuy. I am glad it was the red wire (the black spot was obvious) and not the black one.