Trouble with the Archim 1.0a

Setting this thing up and am having trouble. The X axis works fine (well, it needs some fine tuning) but i cannot get the Y or Z axis to work. The Y axis just stutters and the Z won’t run. I took over this build to help a buddy out, so i’m kinda in the dark.

Details.
Took me a few trys to get the wiring right, and so i wired up the 2 X motors. When i tried to wire up the 2 Y motors all i got was a bit of stuttering. (I haven’t added the end switches if that makes any difference.) So I stopped and pulled one of the Y motors off to try and get it to move with no load. same problem, only stutters. same motor works fine when plugged into the X on the board, and does nothing at all when plugged in to the Z.

I’m about to reload the firmware to see if that corrects the problem, but if anyone knows whats going on and how to correct it, your help will be greatly appreciated! I’m kinda just shooting in the dark here.

I would start by guessing it is a wiring problem. If one of the coils isn’t connected, or the coils are wired wrong, it will stutter.

The software generally works, or doesn’t at all. Since the motors are trying to move, I think it is either wires, connectors, or motors (and motors almost never fail).

1 Like