Turnbuckle Leg Adjusters

Way more cool that a fidget spinner!

I made a more blunt version of it & spins even better now.

I had to put off finishing putting my jackscrew legs on as there was a bald faced hornets nest in the doorway to my shed. I originally thought it was a wasp nest & was going to leave it alone until Fall, but when one of them stung me twice, I decided it was time for them to go. If I had realized it was a hornets nest, I would have taken care of it earlier. It seems to smell a little like Raid in my shed now, so I need to air it out once I am sure the hornets are gone.

Do these work with primo? Look good.

This did work quite well for me, but it was for the original MPCNC version. I don’t have the primo or that MPCNC put together anymore, so I can’t say for sure. Looking at the Primo parts, that Corner Leg Lock C Primo.STL file is similar to the file Lock-CornerC_27mmHt_RightThreads_Rev4.stl I created in that repository for an earlier version of the Primo. Think it was for the Burly version. Looks like it is similar to LockM_CornerC.STL from the Burly version. I think the only assembly difference will be the Primo part has a captive nut for that part.

[Edit]
I took a look at this & have a version that should work with the latest Primo version, but is untested. There are 2 versions Primo_Lock-CornerC_Threaded_Rev6.stl and Primo_Lock-CornerC_CaptiveNut_Threaded_Rev6.stl. I matched the Primo design for nut & screw recess diameters as best I could with openscad. Should be only a little over an hour print with either version. If you are considering using this design, I would suggest printing one of these 1st to see how well it mates with the corresponding parts. Here is the link to the files again. Customizable Jack Screw to adjust height of Corners on MPCNC by GeoDave - Thingiverse

Awesome thanks I am in middle of printing parts I will report back when I get printing done👌

Nice mod! Anyone remixed top mount to enable supporting rails mid span? Fasten to rail using Remix of model part that’s normally inserted into z axis to help captive nut.

Edit: I ST*W and stumbled onto Remix of Customizable Jack Screw Top for Mid Span Support by GeoDave - Thingiverse and MPCNC leg leveler, stiffener and large table support by cmidgley - Thingiverse, these help prevent sagging. But, guessing welded/bolted solution would be needed to prevent lift and increase rigidity, for outer rails?

@geodave Any idea why the threads in rev 32 of your files dont have threads when I open in scad? do I need to add a library for the threads?(never used scad)

Edit All good I figured that out bout cant find either of these files " Primo_Lock-CornerC_Threaded_Rev6.stl and Primo_Lock-CornerC_CaptiveNut_Threaded_Rev6.stl ." they not in the primo or burly files.

Oh I am doing the f size machine(25mm rails in Australia). I am guessing I can just scale the stl?

Yes, there is a thread library you need as mentioned in the thingiverse repository. I had this link to it. OpenSCAD threads (dkprojects.net) . It was not included in my thingiverse upload since it was copyrighted. Save that file as threads.scad file to the same folder as where you put my files & you should see threads this time when you render it. Looks like the author updated it this year. Since his file has changed, I would rerun it on all the files with threads to make sure they mate. I briefly looked at rendering difference & threading seemed the same but moved up a little. I will rerun these to see how they differ.

Since you are not familiar with openscad, I would suggest making these changes to the Edit/Preferences dialog. Takes me about 10 minutes to do final render (F6 shortcut key) of the Jack screw. The bottom foot takes over 8 minutes & the top one took over 4 minutes. The bottom one has a hard time with the preview, so I would only do the F6 on that one. I will have to revisit that design to see where it is bogging down, probably the hull() commands. That one could probably stand to be updated also.
Otherwise, the preview (F5 shortcut key) might not show up because of large number of facets with these threads.

I got them rendered and exported to stl’s but cant find the older primo files.

On the upper jack part it has a square/rectangle mount with 4 screw/bolt holes.
On the final primo lower corner/mirrored it has a shape on a curve not a rectangle with single bolt in middle it wont fit…

Can I just use your lower foot and add a thread to the upper lock? Of the primo part?

I did not update the lower foot since that should work as is. I will take a look at the bottom foot today to see if I can update it to the look of Primo version. Just make sure you use the left-handed threads for the bottom, since the top is right-handed. Here is a simple assembly of it.

Here is the openscad code for this assembly. It is difficult to get the threading to match correctly in openscad for the mating parts. I matched it by trial & error on the section version, but not the gray top & bottom version.
translate([0,0,1])
rotate([0,0,315])
color(“red”)
import(“JackScrew_Rev30.stl”);
%import(“Flex_Foot_Bottom_M5Bolt_LeftThreads_Rev32.stl”);
translate([0,0,101+9.15])
rotate([0,0,0])
rotate([0,180,0])
%import(“Primo_Lock-CornerC_CaptiveNut_Threaded_Rev6.stl”);

Ok so I will just try add a thread to the top lock part.

Did I miss something? Thought the only part needed to match the Primo design was the Primo_Lock-CornerC_CaptiveNut_Threaded_Rev6.stl. That was added to the thingiverse files.

I had not really played with openscad in a while & decided to take a stab at upgrading the bottom foot to look similar to more rounded Primo design. A lot of the fillets & rounds are not there but seems like a smoother design as it is difficult to do that in openscad on those odd angles. I attached a zip of the stl file for it if someone wants to try it before I upload it to thingiverse. I also attached an image of the design. The threaded hole is bigger than original design, so I had to widen the top transition part around 2.5mm or so from original & shift the tightening hole down & out.
Primo_ThreadedFoot_LeftThreads_Rev33.zip (906.3 KB)

TO be sure I downloaded the files a second time there is no file " Primo_Lock-CornerC_CaptiveNut_Threaded_Rev6.stl" I downloaded the foot to try.

Thingiverse is a little contrary sometimes. I can see the files on there. If You are downloading the zip of all of them, thingiverse probably has not updated them. You should be able to download those individually when looking at the Files area. I will add them to this message in case you are not able to get them for some other reason.
Primo_Lock-CornerC_220913.zip (1.0 MB)

Ahh ok awesome thanks.

1 Like

WOw I have not seen those in a while. geodave you are a beast! Those parts seem like they were from the first year of this, maybe 2016?

The new primo foot does not seem to want to screw onto the jack thread. Bit too tight…I have the new top lock printing now will see how I go with that. will keep playing around see If I can get it to screw on…

The bottom foot appears to be right hand thread instead of left.

Worked it out bottom right thread top left and I flipped over the thumb screw works great!!