Turnbuckle Leg Adjusters

Did I miss something? Thought the only part needed to match the Primo design was the Primo_Lock-CornerC_CaptiveNut_Threaded_Rev6.stl. That was added to the thingiverse files.

I had not really played with openscad in a while & decided to take a stab at upgrading the bottom foot to look similar to more rounded Primo design. A lot of the fillets & rounds are not there but seems like a smoother design as it is difficult to do that in openscad on those odd angles. I attached a zip of the stl file for it if someone wants to try it before I upload it to thingiverse. I also attached an image of the design. The threaded hole is bigger than original design, so I had to widen the top transition part around 2.5mm or so from original & shift the tightening hole down & out.
Primo_ThreadedFoot_LeftThreads_Rev33.zip (906.3 KB)

TO be sure I downloaded the files a second time there is no file " Primo_Lock-CornerC_CaptiveNut_Threaded_Rev6.stl" I downloaded the foot to try.

Thingiverse is a little contrary sometimes. I can see the files on there. If You are downloading the zip of all of them, thingiverse probably has not updated them. You should be able to download those individually when looking at the Files area. I will add them to this message in case you are not able to get them for some other reason.
Primo_Lock-CornerC_220913.zip (1.0 MB)

Ahh ok awesome thanks.

1 Like

WOw I have not seen those in a while. geodave you are a beast! Those parts seem like they were from the first year of this, maybe 2016?

The new primo foot does not seem to want to screw onto the jack thread. Bit too tight…I have the new top lock printing now will see how I go with that. will keep playing around see If I can get it to screw on…

The bottom foot appears to be right hand thread instead of left.

Worked it out bottom right thread top left and I flipped over the thumb screw works great!!

Glad you worked it out. Thought I had not changed anything since checking that 2 days ago. I will have check the assembly of those in openscad again.

Yea, I was surprised to see this thread revived. Thought there was a better way to do it these days, but it did work pretty well for me when I had that machine. Your little foot has changed quite a bit since the 1st one. Looks like a lot cooler design.

I have used a smaller version of this jack screw design several times in the last few years, mostly to hold up the x gantry v-slot on my bed slinger printer while I changed parts on the ends.

1 Like

I sent you a couple beers geodave thanks heaps👌

Cool, thanks.

This is such a neat project.
Start printing core this arvo. Then I only have a few small bits for cable management and the electronics box…

About time to design my table…

2 Likes