Ugs freezing computer after connecting vaccum

So I finally got a dustshoe and are using it with my shopvac. The first job i did worked just fine. But after that, while setting the zero for my second job my computer froze.

At this point this vaccum wasn’t on. And ugs didn’t say “not responding” or something like that. I rebooted my laptop with the power button and repeated this process about 5 times before I finally managed to get far enough to start the job, and about a minute in it it froze again.

Any ideas??

Does your laptop freeze in other use case scenarios? A good way to test would be watch a YouTube video, play a game, or run some kind of benchmark test. Additionally you could try a different USB port.

Are the fan ports clean? How old is the laptop? Could it potentially be overheating?

Might be worth investigating. Older laptops I always repaste and clean upon acquisition, it’s basically a habit these days. YMMV but good luck!

Jelly

Vaccums in general throw a low of EM interference. Is the vac or hose close to the laptop? If so try to separate them the best you can and see if that helps. Over the years I have heard of several people killing components inside a case by using vac hose inside case to clear dust

1 Like

It’s only when using ugs, it also happened now in the week without the vac on. I after this also used the laptop to live render some stuff continuously for over 12 hours so it fornsure didn’t over heat.

I will try another usb port next time though.