Unable to connect to Repetier/ recognize printer

Hello, I received my MPCNC electronics kit in the mail today and I decided to test out the electronics. I am running in to a problem though, Whenever I try to connect I get the error message “A device attached to the system is not functioning” I am not sure what to do to fix this seeing as how the firware for the board should be installed already with the kit. Any advise would be much appreciated.

Try other usb ports, other usb cables.

Mac or PC?

I have tried several different ports (all 3 to be exact) and I am running this on a PC

What version of windows? Did you install arduino first?

sorry, I suppose that would be helpful. I have windows 10 home edition running.

Did you install arduino and it’s drivers before you plugged the board in?

I had arduino installed on the computer already because I have worked with the boards in the past and then when I plugged in the board that was made it said that there are additional drivers that need to be installed

I’m not sure, I flash and test them on a windows 10 machine running standard arduino drivers. The only problems that have ever come up is MAC or windows XP.

All I can think of is uninstall all the arduino drivers and reinstall a fresh copy of the arduino ide. These are standard boards. Perhaps you had the other style with the older usb chip and it has that driver in there. If you look on amazon most of the cheap boards have the older usb chipset and it can cause issues, these should not have that problem.

here is what I have been flashing with

I have found the problem I think but I am unable to fix it. My drivers set up is different but I am unable to change it following the instructions given by arduino on their website. It says that the driver provider is matterhackers, not arduino. I have been trying to fix it following the instructions found here: https://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/ArduinoMega2560#toc3 but have had no success and am still unable to connect to the arduino. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the program but again, no improvement.

In that picture it says uninstall, click that. Then install arduino again.

I finally got it working but never did get it to run on repetier. I currently have the electronics working with mattercontrol which is my preferred software. This is what my driver window looks like. I did uninstall the current drivers and now it (appears to be) working well.