Unable to properly calibrate Z axis

I am using Estlecam with my MPCNC and I have calibrated my X and Y directions, however, I can not get Z into calibration. When I move 1" in Estlcam, my z axis moves about 5/8".

I have tried adjusting my “Distance Per revolution” but my calculations (I dont have them in front of me) require me to set the Distance per revolution so small that I get an error about the frequency being over 160hz.

Has anyone else had this issue and have a way around it? I’m using 5/16"-18tpi rod for my Z axis.

Thanks in advance for any advice… I’m so close and I can’t wait to cut!

Have a look in the estlcam thread I believe I have the settings in the second post, we have to go less than 32nd stepping to stay under the limit. You need to remove jumpers.

Geez. If it were a snake it would have bit me… I never noticed the software forum at the bottom… Thanks!

I just did my fist test print of the calibration boat. The X and Y axis are bang on but the Z axis is stretched almost twice what it should be.

Here are the steps per unit as set in the config file.

#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT { 200, 200, 4535.44, 200 } //MPCNC

I’m using the 5/16 threaded rod for the Z axis. Could my stepper motor be giving more steps that is expected or do I have the wrong axis steps per unit? I have all three jumpers on the ramps board for the Z axis. Is that correct?

Thanks for your help.

What drivers?

Actually it would be best to start your own thread with all your machine and software specs.

I’m using drv8825 on the X and Y axis. I used an a4988 on the Z because I fried one of the original drv8825s. That explains what’s going on.

What should the setting be for an a4988?

I also used an a4988 for the extruder.

1/2 that of the drv, you are in 16th stepping with all three jumpers on that one.

Got it. Thanks.