Undead build in Iowa

I turned down my bed temp a bit, slowed my feed rate, and re-leveled my plate. A small calibration caltrop (OK, it’s actually a vector, but a caltrop is more fun and alliterative) shows elephant foot on the first layer and something seriously went wrong at the end of the print (looked like the hot end got jammed back through the Z-tower; going to have to look into that some more this evening). Also need to find either my micrometer (went MIA a year or two ago) or my steel rule to verify the measurements. Otherwise, it looks very regular and square. sigh

Groovy… The nickel is supposed to just fit in/through the hole, and my printer runs a closed firmware…

Edit: Ha! Found the M-codes to update the firmware! I can tweak the steps/mm (or is it mm/step?), and hopefully dial it in to perfect prints!

Looks like I was printing at about 99.5% size… I’ll set the actual mm/step tonight, and see if I can’t get a dimensionally accurate print.

That’s much better…[attachment file=117739]

Behold my continued necromantic powah!!!

Got an MPCNC-ESP32 board from @buildlog, and a couple of ESP32 DevKit board from the Big Smilin’ River. Built myself a brand-spankin’ new binary of Grbl_Esp32, loaded it up, plugged in a few things, and started moving motors. And making one motor make strange noises… Connectors were all sorts of screwy, had to pull the connectors out of the plug and swap them around. Finally got everything moving smoothly. So, yay!

New controller, new controller lair!

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/2fec3918fb00c801d8580212/w/ceae2f3a0186f32973902470/e/09eb2dfc5a1db4bf2873f93b

I am getting slowly better at CAD. Not great, but better… No laughing back there! Spent way too long just modelling the damned MPCNC_ESP32 board. GERBER->DXF conversions and all those good things… Thankfully, I could just borrow other people’s ESP32 DevKit and DRV8825 models, and all the little bits and bobs like sockets and headers and terminal blocks, oh my!

4 Likes

Nice buttons. I like how the V1 logos look a little like diamond plate. Do they make custom diamond plate?

I initially had them all facing the same way, and noticed the resemblance. So I flipped one row around… I’m sure someone would make custom diamond plate, if you wanted it badly enough. I’m just going to print it or mill it once I figure out the joinery.

Have to rework most of the parts, and dial in the new filament, but a quick print looks pretty nice.

3 Likes

Now I need to install belts and enough wiring to generate a crown…

4 Likes

Hah!

8 Likes

Ha-ha!

:star: :star: . The day has come where K has drawn a :crown: . Now sacrafice a :goat:

3 Likes

Need to save up and get a grill before sacrificing meat sources… I’m eyeballing the Weber SmokeFire EX4 2nd gen…

OMG!!!

That is it, everyone, take a vacation our job here is done!

2 Likes

Look upon me and weep, for I am become marginally numerically controlled! The end times are near, and soon Gozer the Traveller will once again return…

6 Likes

I’m actually pleasantly surprised at how accurate it appears to be. Ryan’s engineering has foiled even my construction abilities!

8 Likes

Finally got my Dremel mounted and spun some metal… Fairly happy about how they came out, but not so sure about ESTLCam’s stepover calculations… And I still need to level my rig a bit (the “front” is a little lower than the “back”, you can see it in the depth of the larger lemur).

6 Likes

Fixed the stepover. Or at least, compensated for it… The facial garf is from chasing the bit with a vacuum and forgetting that I just have a couple of strips of painters tape holding the foam to the spoilboard… :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Now I just wait for my goggles to come in, and I mount this bad boy… :japanese_goblin:

Obviously, I won’t be using it on the foam, I’m not a complete moron… Just a high-functioning one. :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Why not? I’ve (cough) used it on (cough) (cough) foam and it (cough) works fine!

5 Likes