Unknown Command: M5

First off let me say I’ve only done the crown test and a few V1 logos which worked as expected but I’m not exactly up to anything faster than a crawl with EstlCAM.

I was just doing a dry run with a file I’d treated as the others and sent to RH. Just eyeballing it, all seemed to be moving according to plan when it stopped and the message was: echo: Unknown command: M5

I’m not exactly sure where to look for the meaning of this and/or the way to bypass it and continue if it’s not anything meaningful?

EDIT: Have requested deletion, problem solved

1 Like

No problem with keeping this topic open. It is something that folks run into and can help the next one who encounters it.

EstlCAM puts that code in the end macro text. You can find it in the configuration tabs. It says to stop the spindle. I know that it is good practice to use these auto starts and stops but it doesn’t make sense to me to have it as a default. Other than it does force folks to go looking for the problem and then get to learn about start and stop code.

I think the problem was I accidentally had put two tools in the table and the stop was for an unneeded change, I deleted tool #2 and it dry ran OK except:

I was just eyeballing it with no tool but the Z was clearly changing at what seemed appropriate times but the Z indicator on Repetier Host remained at 0 while the X,Y indicators were constantly changing as expected.

My confusion remains :upside_down_face:

1 Like