Updated Center Parts

That is looking great. I’m definitely going to try to find a way to break my current middle so I have to print these as soon as they come out.

Since I’ve already printed the rigid middle Z twice…which was a waste, are there any parts for the Z I can safely print that will be used in this new update?

Or should I just wait? Any eta on the release of the new files?

Thanks!

I’ll give you all the files if you want to give it a shot, but of all the beta testers 2 have finished it1 works perfect, 1 doesn’t. You might want to wait another day or 2 since it is a lot of printing. I am spending all my time on this right now, top priority. I really don’t have an ETA yet. if we figure out why the other one doesn’t work and we get another confirmation or 2 I will release them ASAP. but if we get another failed assembly it might take some time to figure it out. I have 2 of them printed on all my different printers and they work well, but my printers don’t really count.

Haha I totally hear ya. No sweat. I was just wondering if something like the middle joiner hadn’t changed or something. From the pics, it looks like those parts didn’t change, but obviously I can’t tell from one pic. I’ll just hang tight. I have to reprint the corners now anyways, because I didn’t realize I had already printed them. =( Thought I was gonna have enough with two spools. Gotta order another one now.

Thanks for the awesome work though! Can’t wait to finally get this thing up and runnin’!

Sorry, every single part changed even the nut traps, and the whole z axis. A few more days an I’m sure we will be really close to a release.

Sounds good! I’ll just work on the other parts until then.

I had begun to print another full z tower, it is easier to pull out the entire tower than disassembling the tool mount. I would like to have a tower for the spindle (with my dedicated remixed tool mount) and a tower for the 3d extruder. But now I will have to wait for the new center parts: I suppose that the center update is not compatible with the old z tower, right? So I have to build also two new z-tower …

Yup completely different. It is also much easier to change tools.

Alright, looks like the error might have been found, slight delta calibration error. Getting closer!

SWEET! CAN’T WAIT!

All I have learned so far is HDPE prefers convention milling to climb, and it seems to cut the same at any feed rate and spindle speed…Single flute up cut bits are nice, down cut melts the plastic. Cutting 6.7mm per pass, about .1-.2 into the wood, spindle speed as low as possible and 2.5mm/s is okay, so now faster spindle and faster feed rate and see what this can do.
Imgur

Hi everyone!
I want to ask about the release status of the new center parts. Are there some good results to hear from the testers? :slight_smile:

I have a few problems with my center right now (to much play between bearings and rods) and wanted to rebuild the whole center. If the new version is coming up in short time, I would wait for the new parts for the IE.

Right now I am printing the new parts for the corners. The design looks really good and strong to me. Nice work.

So excited for this release.

I’d hold off. The new parts are way easier to print. No support needed for anything!

Also, for everyone, make sure your calibration is good! When I was printing a 40mm calibration cube, actually just the first four layers, I was getting 40.2 to 40.3mm. Doesn’t really seem like it would make a difference, but it was enough to keep the bearings from touching the tubes. Especially if your tubes aren’t quite the right size. I’m not printing .02 to .03 undersized and that’s working great. The good news is my z axis that I printed slightly large still fits the center, so I didn’t need to reprint those parts. If you have the cable chain motor mounts, those won’t work now. Someone will have to redesign the part so they sit up a bit higher. Found that out when I went to finally install mine. I need to buy some cable chain anyway, the stuff I printed before will be the wrong size from what I print now, and I need another foot of chain.

Any release date ?

Soon…that is as good as I can do. I was doing some testing with the dewalt yesterday, and about to start again today. Probably early next week.

nice that will prolly match whit my order from u guys :smiley: cant wait to try that monster machine !!!

Square! Biggest most square cuts yet I think I’m getting the hang of this crazy machine!
Imgur

Looking nice! I love the look of the starboard.

Me too, machines so easily as well. I think the MDF might actually be more rigid and it is definitely cheaper.
Imgur