Updating to marlin 2.0 ramps

I haven’t messed with my machines in a long time, getting back into it. I figured I would update my mp3dp with the latest marlin. I keep getting errors in platformio when using the Marlin_V13DP_Ramps_MK8_2.0.7.2_510-src is there a step by step instruction anywhere? t he one I have tried from you tube all fail. it has been at least 3 years since I loaded the firmware on my boards(1 mpcnc, 2 mp3dps), I cant for the life of me figure out how it is done now.

Can you show the errors, I have not seen many of them, so I hope it is something easy.

here is the error in VS

I was able to get a generic marlin 2.0bugfix to upload, but I would like to get the one you guys have on it.

I have not tried the autobuilder from marlin I do not think you need it. That is not the problem here but might be an issue after we fix that.

Looking into it now. Looks like there will have to be a 511 release after a fix so you will know when we figure this out.

I know these boards are outdated, so I just ordered a new skr from you. This is not a priority for me, The machines ran great last time I used them months ago.

Cool!

You can use the previous release from a few weeks ago, that is what I am running so I know they work. We have been using Marlin 2.0 since release.

I delete files we don’t need to try to fix this. It is only an issue with windows and arduino ide:

If there are more files we can delete (maybe I missed a HAL?), then that might help.

Also make sure the parent folder is as short as possible (running it from C:\ is the shortest).

Or you can:

• Flash using Xloader and the firmware hex from the .zip
  • Compile in platformio
  • Use Linux or Mac to run arduino IDE.

I would be happy if this was fixed, but it has been a stop gap measure and we will lose this option eventually.

I tried from c:/ directly compiling from p io. Odd for sure.

It doesn’t compile from pio? It did in the action? 509 is the same Marlin version. I don’t know what changed. Pio should be ignoring the files it isn’t using.

Yup, My screen shot looks different, less info than Ed’s.