upgrading to 525

OK that all makes sense. So then I should print rollerm instead of roller correct?

2 of each

https://www.v1engineering.com/blog/parts/

OK yes I did see that and wasn’t sure if you meant 2 of whichever you choose. It makes sense, one for either end of the axis conduit so they mirror.

exactly

FYI, you shouldn’t cut vinyl (PVC) with a laser because it creates chlorine gas which is bad for you and the equipment. You can get polyester stickers which are fine. There is a good selection of laser and inkjet printable polyester here - Papilio

Yes you are very correct. I use a very aggressive exhaust system to make it safe. I recommend others not risk it unless you know what your doing.

just an update.

I have to solve my 3d printers slanting prints issue before I can print the new parts ( it’s an i3 variant scaled by 50% to give 300mmx300mm. the heated bed is pita) so I figured I’d looking into the deflection I’m seeing. I noticed an incredible amount of flex around the legs as well as fairly loose belts. tightened the belts and added gussets to the two front corners which basically eliminated leg based deflection. I’m also considering some sort of shim and bolt down method for the motors to avoid reprinting the rollers (unless they’re superior in some other crucial way?). Maybe I can fashion a bracket that attaches to the back of stepper (hmmm. do mine have threaded holes on the back???) and then screws to the roller. I considered getting hose clamps and just cutting/ drilling them to mount over the motor and onto the roller but that’s uglier, maybe less effective, and less printed of course.

I’m gonna attach a few images of the gussets and also one of the piece of acrylic I cut for my bartop arcade project. it is edge lit, its called the murphcade because it’s an arcade for my father “Murph”. if they dont work I’ll gdrive them

More updates.

I printed all the middle and z parts and successfully swapped them in. They seem really nice and sturdy so I have high hopes. assembly was easy following the directions.

I fell asleep with my phone lastnight and apparently ordered the 660 free same day shipping so it arrived today around 9am much to my confusion. But I had already printed the mount for it just in case and I was gonna have to design a 52mm mount for my spindle so I went with it. Holy crap the difference from a 300w spindle is amazing. it’s considerably more powerful, no extra run out, yes a bit louder but it just sings harmony with the shopvac lol. I expect to see much more precise cuts and likely faster too!

I am lazy and avoiding the roller replacement so instead of that I just zip tied the stepper down to the roller from around the conduit. seems like a solution at best a vast improvement at worst. Also I had to cut my stepper wires on two sides to replace the middle so I am glad I had the mounts with solderless screw downs since it was easy to re assemble.

I still have issues related to stepper stalling and acting up. I will be spliting up the drivers as I said before to give them a break. Though the description for the drivers say there is thermal protection and voltage protection but they should light up a smd led on the drivers. I haven’t seen that but I’m at a loss as to what else to do.

I fell asleep with my phone lastnight and apparently ordered the 660 free same day shipping so it arrived today around 9am much to my confusion. But I had already printed the mount for it just in case and I was gonna have to design a 52mm mount for my spindle so I went with it. Holy crap the difference from a 300w spindle is amazing. it’s considerably more powerful, no extra run out, yes a bit louder but it just sings harmony with the shopvac lol. I expect to see much more precise cuts and likely faster too!

Whatever you need to tell your wife :slight_smile:

I like that dust collector it looks like much less to drag around than one of those shoes. Our 4 year old would probably be sad if I put that on there now I just let all the dust pile up and he likes to suck it off after the cuts are done.

Haha yeah she gave me the eye but then I found my laptop with the checkout page order unplaced still there.

The dust collector is on thingiverse. It had a 52mm spindle mount but I just zip tie the vacation tube anyway. The vacation line goes to a diy conical dust collector, then of course to a shop vacation, t hence the vacation output is fed outside with the help of an line boost fan for good measure. I cut vinyl with it so exhaust is important. Really it just gets the dust or smoke then I go back and suck up the bits and such