using a spindle on the low rider

hi there, another lowrider thread for me lol, so i had bought a 52mm spindle to use on my mpcnc, and now im thinking i would like to use it on my lowrider build, unfortunatly i dont see anywhere on thingiverse where there is a spindle mount for thew low rider. im sure someone has made one, but i dont know where to find the design. lol can someone help me out please

I’ll help you. I have already made an adaptor in Inventor which i can redesign for your spindle. I need to know it’s brand and model number or outer diameter and mounting hole positions.

1 Like

its a chinease 52mm spindle bought it off banggood and sorry i didn’t see your reply i didn’t get a notification thank you in advance

spindel.jpg

and the mounting hole locations come from the 611 plate of the lowrider

This will be easy :slight_smile:

Tomorrow there will be more than enough time for me to design it because my lectures in university do not start until the evening.

3 Likes

Ismail. i very very much appreciate it, thank you in advance

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3412102

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wMyr5_Uht4_H1BxjwFpCEcA1KPEUz8xj

Done! hopefully this one will do the trick. And it does not even use an exorbitant amount of filament contrary to what i feared. I made all the hole diameters 4,5mm for M4 screws. It’s width is about 80-90mm.

[attachment file=“52mm spindle adapter assembly.png”]

[attachment file=“Screenshot (26)_LI.jpg”]

4 Likes

what are the 2 tabs on the inside of the holder for? to bottom the spindle on for height?

There are three of them which will give it a 3 point connection with the spindle. I thought this will be good to compensate for clearance.

i just finished printing this and those 3 things are interfering with the spindle and the spindle wont sit square in the mount. can u make a mount like the pic below with the 611 plate bolt pattern like a ring on the bottom so that the spindle would be able to slide through the hollow tube? 2 bolts instead of 3 please?

spindle-plate.jpg

same style mount just hollow tube like the one above

How is this one?

[attachment file=“52mm spindle adapter 2.png”]

[attachment file=“52mm spindle adapter 2 bottom-1.png”]

I have updated the files on Thingiverse. “52mm spindle holder V2”

[attachment file=“52mm spindle adapter 2 bottom.png”]

(Accidental double post while trying to insert a second image)

that should work ok, thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to help me

1 Like

also it looks like the bottom plate is only attached to the tube halfway, that will be hard to print without supports

it should be made with full attachment of the 2 parts

also there no listing for the part on thingiverse i put 52mm spindle holder V2 into the search and gets nothing

It’s all here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3466918

2 Likes

hey there sorry to say. there has to be a tolerance for it to work i printed it out and couldnt get the spindle in without forcing. it should be loose so that the bolts hold it tight also the slice where the bolts go has to go through the base as well

Hey guys! I’m enjoying this discussion! I tried modeling a part for the 500W chinese spindle but I have no experience in that area. I’m just a simple, poor and mortal History`s teacher

Thanks for sharing!!

1 Like