Using GRBL Mega for laser etching what changes to config.H

Kev Thanks for the info
I had thought about the plywood type being the problem too

1 Like

It doesn’t. It draws ~48watts. They apparently called it an 80 watt laser because their competitors called their offerings 80 watt lasers… such is the power of marketing.

It is an industry term.

“Eighty watts” is of course a physical principle that can’t be redefined.

“Eight zero double you” means that this kind of laser meets the undefined criteria to be called 80W. That criteria is: not enough people have returned them, even though we called it 80W.

The A40640 lasers marketed on Amazon by Neje are claimed to be 10 W.
The other sources marketing it as 80W is really not truthful in every sense.

1 Like

These days companies are like politicians if you don’t make them tell the truth they don’t

…That’s optical output power (which is a bit difficult to actually nail down) but does appear to be in the realms of reality…the Nichia NUBM44 is claimed to be 6watts output power and is the most powerful 9mm 455nm diode out there. The NEJE uses two diodes in their A40640 module. As for the 80 watt claim… I’m sure if you tried hard enough you could get it to consume 80 watts input power (at least for a short time anyway)… :slight_smile:

Consumers are the same as citizens… they can’t handle the truth. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The car audio industry went through quite a crisis with certain brands heavily overstating equipment capability, while some reputable brands were far more realistic.

Unless the manufacturers adopt and enforce some sort of standard, claims are going to get out of hand.

There is usually some.sort of ratuonale to the claim (It’s 8 times the cutting power of this 5 watt laser!) At least Neje does give you the actual optical output power once you read past the marketing BS.

I can’t see the Chinese manufacturers adopting a real measureable standard. There are too many fly-by-night outfits with disposable brand names, and selling on the Internet. So I guess we have to rely on reviews and testing.

1 Like

Atomstack just came out with a 130W quad-laser (20W optical power) module (pre sale).
:hushed::hushed:. OMG

Link

2 Likes

impressive ! 12mm in one pass, that is a game changer !!!

Please post the location with the info about that new module :smiley:

But it’s not for selling as a standalone module yet.

Not yet. It’s all on pre sale for now. But it wont take long… There is going to be a race after this one
Other manufactures will come along. Let’s just see how crazy this will get.

Now I call that a nice looking, functional laser machine… but a bit pricy!