Using longer screws that listed?

Only M2.5 screws I’m able to find locally are 16mm long. From what I can tell these are supposed to hold the end stop switches in place so I would assume the longer screw wouldn’t pose any issues? Thanks!

I just pulled the model of one of the Primo trucks into Fusion 360 and measured the holes provided for the limit switches. They are 6mm deep. From looking at product pages, the switches are typically 6.5mm thick. So your 16mm long machine screws will bottom out before they seat on the switches. I also noted that the holes do not have any threads modeled in, so whatever screws you use will be self tapping, meaning you could use any screw of similar size…even a sheet metal screw.

If it were me, I’d probably just trim the screws. I’d run a nut up the threads, trim with a hacksaw, and use the nut to “fix” the bunged up threads at the end…and maybe dress the end with a bit of filing.

1 Like

Thanks for your comment! Would I be able to simply add a little 4mm 3d printed “washer” between the screw head and switch?

That should work. Alternately, you could just drill the hole a bit deeper. You’d be in the infill, but that should not matter structurally.

Another alternate idea… Use a spacer with the screw.

Yep, I’m slowly piecing it together so I might be able to source shorter screws, of not I’ll prolly go the washer rout so the hole doesnt become too large to where the screw wont grip.