V-Carve Marlin_MM-Test5 Post Script

So I have been doing some reading in an attempt to determine what I need for a post processor. I will be using V-Carve and from what I have found I need this file. Marlin_MM-Test5.zip. But before I install it I have found some posts with people having issues.

Can someone who uses V-Carve confirm that I want Test 5 for my post script?

I just bought the V-Carve desktop software and I figured out how to use it. Now I’m ready to cut something and I can’t find the Marlin_MM-Test5.zip file.

The only pp I found was the early version of Marlin_mm, which seems to cause problems for the machine - slowly wanders off until it bumps into the end of travel. Does anyone know where the Test5 file is?

Here you go Doug

Marlin_mm-test5.zip (1.2 KB)

Wow - thanks for getting back to the forum so fast.

I notice that there’s an explicit “set to mm” in the code. I designed my job in inches - do you happen to know if vcarve automagically does the conversion or whether I have to put “use inches” into the post processor?

Obviously I can try as-is and cut some air to see what happens. Even so, I’d appreciate a comment on the topic in case something else is going wrong and I need to debug.

That should just set the output, the input is whatever you want. Marlin, as we provide it, expects mm.