V1PI and CNC.JS Update

I setup the pi with this image thanks.

I updated the pi, octoprint etc but I do not see a good way to update cnc.js There is nothing in the interface and I was unable to figure out how it was installed to work out the method to update from the cli.

Anyone else already updated CNC.JS?

I think that is still right. Sorry, I really need to cut a new image. They both have many updates.

1 Like

Thanks I thought I tried that and was unable to get it to complete I was even unable to find NPM but I will go and try again.

Yeah just checked and npm is not installed (maybe due to the updates) I will get that installed and try again.

So I tried the update command and it was unable to find NPM. So I tried to install Node.js but the copy failed as the files were in use. I then tried an NPM install which failed so I ran the update again

sudo apt update
sudo apt full-upgrade

After which the original npm update worked fine. I have a new pi arriving tomorrow but I’ll be out of town for the weekend but I will test the process on a fresh flash of the file when I get back.

I have the latest version now but the landing page has lost the cnc.js image.

Npm was there in the image. It was used to install cncjs.

Node had to be there. Cncjs runs in node.

Yeah I assume they process of updating raspian caused the issue.

The image is snagged from inside the cncjs install. It probably just changed names.

I will test the process and report back with multiple options to upgrade.