What do the different colors of post counts mean?

I can be oblivious to the obvious sometimes, so you might have to explain this to me like I’m five. Thanks.

Brown, Orange, Gray, i’m so confused.

8 Likes

Oh I am not sure myself.

8 Likes

I don’t know the thresholds, but I interpret the colors as a “heat map” of the number of responses.

(Although I would have ranked orange as hotter than brown, but that’s just me.)

8 Likes

Hovering over the numbers on my Chromebook… gray is simply the number of posts. The “heat map” idea… when gray transitions to orange, people are liking some posts… and the brighter the orange, the higher the “likes to posts” ratio.

8 Likes

I just liked all 3 replies. Still gray. :frowning:

10 Likes

I have no idea the thresholds… but I see “high/very high/extremely high,… likes to posts ratio” as I hover over bright and brighter orange numbers :thinking:

8 Likes

Apparently 5 isn’t enough either. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

8 Likes

Looking at the “Latest” list (which I do)… the thread “Thejat’s project log” shows an “extremely high likes to posts” ratio. Looking at the statistics at the bottom of the first post in that thread shows that there have been 48 likes spread over the 20 posts… most, of course, on the posts where he shows photos of his phenomenal work. I guess that means, looking at that bright orange number in the “Latest” list… there’s something in that thread I ought to go see?

8 Likes

We have it set to ignore “Blaine likes”. :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Okay, it’s still gray. I just “liked” every post (wouldn’t let me like my own… am I on that “ignore David likes”?)… adding 5 more to the total. So it should be 14 likes to 9 posts when I hit “Reply”

8 Likes

Hot dog! It went to orange! And is listed as “very high” likes to posts… 14:10 :grin:

9 Likes

Lol. I honestly “liked” that one jeff.

8 Likes

I just ‘liked’ every post… I’m trying to see if I can get it to go plaid.

9 Likes

Plaid sounds like an enormous feat for just one man. I think plaid would require a lot of help. (hint hint) :wink:

It’s glowing bright orange right now. I’m assuming that’s as bright as it gets.

8 Likes

This is going to be the most liked thread ever, and I love it. A lot of you would be level three is you used more likes!

8 Likes

I’m going to be rolling on the floor if this thing goes plaid.

8 Likes

It might take a PR to get to plaid…

8 Likes

So I guess the question is, which Tartan design is used when we get to plaid? I vote for the Murray tartan, 'cause my grandfather was a Murray. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

This thread has undeservingly earned me a badge.

Thanks everyone. :wink: lol

8 Likes

I think it somehow helped me too.

6 Likes