What firmware to use for skr pro 1.2 and how to install it?

Hello greetings to all. I am very new to this, in fact I am still waiting for the lowrider2 kit but I already have a bigtreetech skr pro 1.2 board and the same brand TFT 35 E3 V3 screen. But I’m lost on the issue of which firmware to install. I’ve read that there is more than one for this board, but I don’t know which one to install or how to install it. Could you guide me a little on this I would appreciate it. I’ve searched for videos on youtube but haven’t found anything about it. thank you.

For the SKR Pro, both the display and the control board each have their own firmware. Each one has an SD card slot. To flash the firmware, you put the binary firmware on an SD card, insert it in the device with the power off, then turn the power on. Each device will recognize the new firmware and flash it automatically.

You will find links to the firmware versions on this page. I only see one LowRider version for the SKR Pro on that page: V1CNC_SkrPro_DualLR_2209. The ‘LR’ in the title indicates LowRider. Note this firmware expects the TMC2209 drivers. If you purchased some other stepper drivers for your card, you will need to modify and compile the firmware before flashing it.

Note there is a bug in the display firmware occasionally causes a job to stop. You can get around this problem by running the display in Marlin mode. To get to Marlin mode you hold the knob down on the display for 3 seconds. According to what I’ve read on the forum, Ryan has a fix for this bug, but he is waiting for the owner of the display firmware to integrate that fix into the base code before releasing new firmware.

1 Like

Thank you very much for answering. I will look for the files in the link you left me and yes, the drivers are tmc2209. Thanks again.

Hello, today I got all the electronics and I was left with a doubt, I downloaded the firmware that you told me, but you also told me that there was one for the screen, that I can’t find. Or is it the same? I wait your answer thank you.

If you order your products from V1, then the firmware for the TFT has already been installed. If you need it, look for the TFT Firmware link on this page. It is a separate firmware from the firmware for your control board.

I bought it independently, since, when I made the purchase, they did not have a TFT35 E3 V3.0 screen or a skrpro 1.2 and TMC 2209 board in stock

I too have purchased both TFT3.5 and SKR Pro 1.2 and i am still having problems. Do you mean to say TFT 3.5 has its own firmware and has to be install separate from the SKR Pro 1.2?

1 Like

Yes, there are separate firmware files for the TFT and the control board. You can find the TFT firmware towards the bottom of this page. Each (control board and display) has its own SD card slot. You insert the card with the respective firmware into the device and turn it on.

Note you can put your screen in “Marlin” mode by holding the knob down for three seconds. In this mode the screen is being painted by Marlin, not the TFT firmware, providing a way to troubleshoot problems.

1 Like