What should I do tomorrow?

Looks like you’re making progress. Should look real nice once you’re finished.

1 Like

I have installed the saw and installed the top panels. Each panel is installed using just air nails so I can remove them if I need to add anything. I am thinking of adding a chamfer on the edges and then adding some water based poly to it.

[attachment file=98692]

[attachment file=98693]

Also, I spent a bunch of time cleaning up the beer garden.

Now I have a problem of a huge pile of branches. I drive a small station wagon. Any ideas on how to get rid of it? Rent a woodchipper? Hire a tree trimming company? Let nature take its course? Break them into tiny pieces and put them in the trash?

Around here we use a match. A yard like that should really have a fire pit in it, no? Kids LOVE roasting weiners and marshmallows…

This is a biiiig pile. And we live in the suburbs. We do have a tiny fire pit but enevitably, the kids want to start it, but lose interest and I’m stuck with it.

Does your city not do bulk trash?

We have a very large pile of tree limbs by the street. Called the city and they’re showing up tomorrow with a mulching machine to pick it all up. We’re allowed 4 bulk pick ups a year.

Otherwise, I’d rent a wood chipper. That’s a lot of good mulch you can use on other parts of the yard.

Regarding the surface of your table saw… I would consider leaving natural and rubbing in a few coats of a good furniture wax/polish to help make it slick. That way anything you push through the table saw slides out the back easily. I’ve had problems with poly being sticky. Then again, I guess you could polish the poly every so often to make it slick too.

The poly will get wax on after that. For sure. I don’t like wax straight on the wood. It keeps too much texture.

I built a dust box under the hood (man, I really should have done this before I installed the TS…).

This is what it looks like inside the saw (from the slot in the front):

And I used a thingiverse magnet dust collection port which works OK, but not as good as I was hoping: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3649394

Now, it’s time for some work… Maybe…

1 Like

I like it. I keep eyeing my LR table, I really want to squeeze my TS in there. This is helping to motivate me.

1 Like

That looks really good!

My table saw needs a chute added to the bottom of it too.

1 Like